Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cro Cop v Cheick Kongo

Default Cro Cop v Cheick Kongo

Don't know if this is a new thread elsewhere, but how do we see this one going??? I don't know much about Congo - except he's a standup fighter...

Is this a no-brainer?? Should CC monster this dude?

yah CC should win hands down imo (and no one bring up the "thats what everyone said before the GG fight" argument, becuase these fights are 100 percent different)

im gonna go with cro cop on this one.kongo likes stand up which is perfect for cro cop's style.so i bet we will see a lhk ko.

I hope CroCop wins, but after those last 2 KOs I don't think his chin has recovered.

And your right, Kongo is just a stand up fighter from what I've seen.

Both are stand up fighters and CroCop is levels ahead of Kongo not to mention he is training with Bonjasky and 2 other strikers. Taking CroCop by devastating knockout.

Quote Originally Posted by harlemhustla145
    I hope CroCop wins, but after those last 2 KOs I don't think his chin has recovered.

And your right, Kongo is just a stand up fighter from what I've seen.
    He got KOed by Randleman in the beginning of 2004. Went on to beat a bunch of top 10 fighters who strike and win the OWGP in 2006. I don't think we can really mention the Randleman KO in any sort of recovering process. Just stating my opinion is all.

Quote Originally Posted by insano1
    Both are stand up fighters and CroCop is levels ahead of Kongo not to mention he is training with Bonjasky and 2 other strikers. Taking CroCop by devastating knockout.
    well, that's pretty much what i was going to say. agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramma
    He got KOed by Randleman in the beginning of 2004. Went on to beat a bunch of top 10 fighters who strike and win the OWGP in 2006. I don't think we can really mention the Randleman KO in any sort of recovering process. Just stating my opinion is all.
    Its not like he just bounced back against the best of the best. Pride spoon fed him a couple of MW's, cans at that, after the Randleman KO to get his confidence back before he fought any top 10 fighters.

I think CC should win, but if Kongo can win a few exchanges early, I wouldn't be suprised to see Mirko start fighting scared like he did against Hunt. Thats just my opinion though.
    HENDO

Kongo is also a wrestler yeah i don't understand how he can have such shit take down d but he does.

This will be a stand up fight and i am picking Kongo to win.

Quote Originally Posted by leelandk69
    Its not like he just bounced back against the best of the best. Pride spoon fed him a couple of MW's, cans at that, after the Randleman KO to get his confidence back before he fought any top 10 fighters.

I think CC should win, but if Kongo can win a few exchanges early, I wouldn't be suprised to see Mirko start fighting scared like he did against Hunt. Thats just my opinion though.
    Yeah, but that was PRIDE's choice, not Mirko's.. and 2 lower ranked fighters after a KO isn't crazy. Immediately after Kanehara and Shungo, he fought Barnett, Coleman, Aleks, and Randleman again (maybe not in that order though) all in a row and won, all top 10 guys (Coleman may not have been Top 10 at that time though of course). KOed in April, fighting Aleks in August... 4 months... He last fought in April once again, he fights in Sept.. 5 months.. So, I think his "chin" is fine.

Thread Information