Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the best fight camp?

Quote Originally Posted by PainBringer View Post
    This was posted 8 years ago, crazy how things change.
    Everything is cyclical. A few years ago it was probably Greg Jacksons. Most recently probably Tristar even though they've been on a bit of a down swing.

Right now I think its been so scattered you can't really name one gym thats better than another.

Personally I will never forget the dominance of MFS.

I don't see TriStar being a good camp. Firas the head trainer is being blamed for the often opinionated styles of boring gsp,and Rory who isn't on same caliber as gsp got destroyed by Lawler fighting similar style to gsp.

Best team is really at the moment speculative opinion of how well fighters are currently doing for said camp.
    One off night for a fighter makes everyone go that said gym is no longer good. It really is cyclical as above poster mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by sergers View Post
    I don't see TriStar being a good camp. Firas the head trainer is being blamed for the often opinionated styles of boring gsp,and Rory who isn't on same caliber as gsp got destroyed by Lawler fighting similar style to gsp.

Best team is really at the moment speculative opinion of how well fighters are currently doing for said camp.
    One off night for a fighter makes everyone go that said gym is no longer good. It really is cyclical as above poster mentioned.
    Being boring and being successful are two different qualifiers though. When you looks at the list of Tristar fighters its tough to agrue that they were one of the best gyms, whether you liked the fighting style or not.

GSP, Rory, Carmont, Makdessi, Menjivar, Miguel Torres, Yves Jaboiun, Mark Bocek. Etc. According to their website they also include Jon Jones although I've never heard of him training there so it was probably just a short stay during a camp.

Back in the day Chute Boxe was definitely the best one.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Meh... Wandy and Shogun were at their peak with Chute Boxe. But thats pretty much it. Anderson got better once he left, so did Gonzaga. I cant think of any other notable fighters, although I love Cordiero as a coach.

Another camp to mention would be Nova Uniao.

Team Alpha Male is on a huge streak right now, Ludwig really turned that camp around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Far and away
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Team Alpha Male is on a huge streak right now, Ludwig really turned that camp around.
    I was about to say, Team Alpha male is definitely on the upswing of things. They may not have a champ (yet), but they are racking up the wins and pushing their way through divisions.

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    I was about to say, Team Alpha male is definitely on the upswing of things. They may not have a champ (yet), but they are racking up the wins and pushing their way through divisions.
    I believe they have a few fighters in the Women's strawweight tournament so maybe that is where they will get their first champ.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by the_dark_angel_4ever View Post
    Being boring and being successful are two different qualifiers though. When you looks at the list of Tristar fighters its tough to agrue that they were one of the best gyms, whether you liked the fighting style or not.

GSP, Rory, Carmont, Makdessi, Menjivar, Miguel Torres, Yves Jaboiun, Mark Bocek. Etc. According to their website they also include Jon Jones although I've never heard of him training there so it was probably just a short stay during a camp.
    were, yes...; now, No.

and i didnt say whether i liked their style or not, personally i enjoyed gsp's style.

as named fighters move to different gyms and do remote training camps, its hard to determine what is actually a good/great gym vs the best gym.

Thread Information