Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stretching For BJJ

Default Stretching For BJJ

please help iv been doing bjj for a while now and have only improved my strethcing very little. u know how valueable it can be for bjj. it would be sweet to become flexible like bj or nick diaz. i usually cannot land the gogo without grabbing my foot with my hand, suggestions?

The level of flexibility BJ has cannot be achieve without those kind of genes That boy is sick, hehe!

I've tried to strech alot aswell, but I fail to do it so many times. As you should always strech with your muscles cold, meaning 2 hours after a workout. Ofcourse it's good to do a quick strech to the entire body immediatley after sparrning. But the best effect will come when you do it in front of the tv later on. This is where I fail most of the times. Maaan... it's just like jogging (just that this hurts more ) - boring as fukk!

I downloaded actully a video by Benny "The Jet" Urkidez (or whatever his name is) where he had some good moves. But now I've forgotten them and only follow instructions after a workout. I do ocasionally strech, but as I can pull off a head kick on a 6'3-6'4 dude I can get away without streching. But damn man, I do belive it would be a huge benefit for my guardgame if I was capable of bending all over the place without helping with my hands (sometimes that doesn't even help ).

damn you could head kick me. iv always wanted great fast headkicks like cc but cant get that high at a fast speed, i can get there but not fast and by that time im eaither counter punched or swept. although iv had devistating leg kicks for a while now, head kicks would be nice.

Hehe, well in kickboxing I try headkicks sometimes. But mostly just to finish off some combo. It's pointless to just throw it out of nowhere, well atleast for me! I'm not as good as CC at it, lol (as I mentioned in the earlier thread about MMA my stand-up is rather crappy so... ). In MMA I would only go for leg kicks and knee strikes anyway so you should be happy if you have devastating legkicks. It would be abit akward for me to end up on my ass trying to pull off a flashy headkick in a MMA fight

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel
    Hehe, well in kickboxing I try headkicks sometimes. But mostly just to finish off some combo. It's pointless to just throw it out of nowhere, well atleast for me! I'm not as good as CC at it, lol (as I mentioned in the earlier thread about MMA my stand-up is rather crappy so... ). In MMA I would only go for leg kicks and knee strikes anyway so you should be happy if you have devastating legkicks. It would be abit akward for me to end up on my ass trying to pull off a flashy headkick in a MMA fight
    ya they are not easy to land, i seem to be comfortable in the thai clinch and can get my knees up high fast, and powerful. when fights werent always goin my way i always had my knees to fall back on. to the ribs and then to the head can end a fight really quick.

Quote Originally Posted by matto
    ya they are not easy to land, i seem to be comfortable in the thai clinch and can get my knees up high fast, and powerful. when fights werent always goin my way i always had my knees to fall back on. to the ribs and then to the head can end a fight really quick.
    Yeah, absolutley! I also find the clinch comfortable because there is wrestling involved, hehe! And if there was one thing we trained and warmed up with in muay-thai class was the knees. So they come automaticly for me nowadays.

ya get some knees into the ribs and abdominals and they will want to quit, that is when you deliver then to the head, followed by some headbutts and elbows on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by matto
    ya get some knees into the ribs and abdominals and they will want to quit, that is when you deliver then to the head, followed by some headbutts and elbows on the ground.
    Haha, are we talking good old Vale Tudo rules or a street fight ? Mattoo Mattooo... nono to street fighting

btw. Jens Pulver looks like he's rubbing one off in your sig

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel
    Haha, are we talking good old Vale Tudo rules or a street fight ? Mattoo Mattooo... nono to street fighting

btw. Jens Pulver looks like he's rubbing one off in your sig
    i love bareknuckle fighting with headbutts, more then mma but it'll never be allowed by the Athletic comission. it is a lot easier to grapple and striking can be devistating. without gloves especially on the ground strikes hurt more from the knuckles. if fact you could just lay on somebody and just pic any random spot and just keep hitting it with bareknuckle and they will eventually submit. its very fun for me, i get to use my martail arts skills in a mma kinda enviorment. but my opponents dont really know anythings. but they swing wildly and if they hit it it'll def hurt.

Haha, indeed! But you forget the fact that you hurt your hand when you land a big right hand! In my entire life I've hit one person without a glove in the face. And booooooooy was my hand sore a long time. That ment no kickboxing for a week and grappling was painful. Plus that I was embarrased about it. Fighting some moron without a clue of what they are doing is unfair. Like stealing candy from a kid. If I get into some sort of trouble I think the most effective way is to just choke them unconcious and leave.

But some people do have it coming, sometimes I wish that I could just lose control and charge them. But then my reason kicks in again.

Thread Information