Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dana is like don king

QUEEF_BLAST Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Clint
    He put Randy in there because he was legit competition with a good name but everyone and their brother knew that Chuck was a heavy favorite going in and nobody expected Randy to come in and outbox him like he did.
    yea but heres the thing he still says "i put randy in there to lose and look what happend"just think its bs that he would set that up that way being a favorite is one thing but we all know dana and chuck are butt buddies so did he do that to help him move up the ladder or was there just no one good enough to beat chuck back then

Quote Originally Posted by chuckisgay
    yea but heres the thing he still says "i put randy in there to lose and look what happend"just think its bs that he would set that up that way being a favorite is one thing but we all know dana and chuck are butt buddies so did he do that to help him move up the ladder or was there just no one good enough to beat chuck back then
    There were no other legit contenders. Tito was the champ and wouldn't fight Chuck so they had to find a guy for Chuck to face for the Interim Title and Randy was the former HW champ and coming down to 205 so he was the best choice.

Yeah, I totally see what you mean about Dana being like Don King

They could be from the same womb.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramma
    Yeah, I totally see what you mean about Dana being like Don King

They could be from the same womb.

too funny, was gonna rep, but have to spread around first, ill try to remember later

5. Default

This thread is definitely Noob Jack City. If you're going to make a statement like 'Dana is like Don King', at least back it up with some rationale.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

QUEEF_BLAST Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Noob
    This thread is definitely Noob Jack City. If you're going to make a statement like 'Dana is like Don King', at least back it up with some rationale.
    did u see the interview? hes fixing or setting the fighters up!!!! he said it not me and named it that cause they are both scumbags!

Dana is wearing an Irish Jersey in that photo, interesting.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by chuckisgay
    did u see the interview? hes fixing or setting the fighters up!!!! he said it not me and named it that cause they are both scumbags!
    First of all, the statement that he made about setting Randy up is neither here nor there. There is no way to be sure that is what he really intended. It may be true, but he could also have been talking out of his ass.

Like I said, if you're going to make the comparison, you should have some logic or reasoning to back it up. Not just that you heard him say that he set someone up. That's called conjecture, and it makes for less-than-stellar arguments.

Besides, the UFC sets fighters up to lose all the time. What do you think Dana had in mind with the Crocop / Sanchez fight? Or with the Crocop / Gonzaga fight (though that went horribly wrong). Or the Chuck / Jardine fight? Anderson Silva / Chris Leben? The list of huge mismatches could go on all day long. The fact is that MMA is a business, and right or wrong these businesses have a vested interest in seeing some fighters succeed. It certainly creates a conflict-of-interests on some levels, but that's a far cry from saying that Dana literally sets fighters up to lose. That's presumptious and a far conclusion to jump to.

I'm no expert on Don King, but I'm fairly certain the the rap sheet of illegal/immoral activities that he pursued during his multiple decades as a boxing promoter are far enough beyond what Dana has done (or has had time to do so far) to really warrant a serious comparison between the two.
    Last edited by Noob; 08-06-2007 at 07:44 PM.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

i agree with the thread starter and heres why.because he said pride would stay the same.making a statement like"he set randy up to lose"that's all the proof one needs to know this guy is only out for himself and wants to use the fighters and fans for his own greed.i don't care what he's done for the ufc,he is a slimey promoter.this is a pro sport where slime is king just like in boxing.

Thread Information