+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Problem i have with UFC 76

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    47

    Default Problem i have with UFC 76

    i think this is no brainer but i want your opinion. this whole thing pisses me off.

    ok first off, why the hell is jardine getting a headline match after he got his ass handed to him by alexander?

    Rua deserves the Liddell fight since he beat the shit out of rampage.

    To put icing on my cake, griffin needs to avenge his jardine loss.

    2nd layer of icing, theyve been giving alot of pride guys headline fights, Shogun definitely deserves this one.

    SWITCH RUA AND JARDINE! WTF ARE THEY THINKING?

    /end rant

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    4,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aaron757
    ok first off, why the hell is jardine getting a headline match after he got his ass handed to him by alexander?
    People know Jardine, he was on TUF 2 and almost every single one of his fights has either been televised or on the main card of a ppv. He has proven that he is a decent fighter while Houston's KO could have just been a fluke. Besides the Uppercuts Houstons standup seemed sloppy yet powerfull, in fact Jardine dropped him within 30 seconds. In a rematch I would probably take Jardine over Houston, and there is no doubt in my mind that Jardine/Chuck would still sell better then Alexander/Chuck.

    Quote Originally Posted by aaron757
    Rua deserves the Liddell fight since he beat the shit out of rampage.
    He deserves to fight Liddell but the average UFC fan doesnt know that, they will think that they are feeding Liddell some nobody to get a win on his record. Then when shogun beats Liddell how does that make the poster boy look?? the last thing the UFC wants is their biggest draw losing 2 in a row

    Quote Originally Posted by aaron757
    To put icing on my cake, griffin needs to avenge his jardine loss.
    One boring decision win shouldnt get Griffen a chance to rematch every single loss he has ever had, even if he is a poster boy. Griffen gets a chance to prove that he can beat the #1 lightheavyweight in the world and im sure that means alot to him

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    ValÚncia, Spain
    Posts
    8,679

    Default

    Well done, Neo. Agreed.

    Wibblywobblywonder

    14-4 Sig Bets

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,252

    Default

    they arent rewarding jardine, the are feeding chuck and easy-known opponent to get his confidence back and shogun is better then liddell but fighting liddell in his first ufc fight is unfair and a win over tuf known griffen will catch peoples attention.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dorsia
    Posts
    10,205

    Default

    Yeah, I thought it was pretty damn funny myself.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    ValÚncia, Spain
    Posts
    8,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sundance Kid
    Holy fucking fuck batman, that sig is great.
    Lol, where the hell have you been? Haven't seen you around for a while.

    Wibblywobblywonder

    14-4 Sig Bets

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    7,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neonatural45
    He deserves to fight Liddell but the average UFC fan doesnt know that, they will think that they are feeding Liddell some nobody to get a win on his record. Then when shogun beats Liddell how does that make the poster boy look?? the last thing the UFC wants is their biggest draw losing 2 in a row

    Yeah, I am surprised they didn't give him someone even easier since it was completely their decision

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neonatural45
    People know Jardine, he was on TUF 2 and almost every single one of his fights has either been televised or on the main card of a ppv. He has proven that he is a decent fighter while Houston's KO could have just been a fluke. Besides the Uppercuts Houstons standup seemed sloppy yet powerfull, in fact Jardine dropped him within 30 seconds. In a rematch I would probably take Jardine over Houston, and there is no doubt in my mind that Jardine/Chuck would still sell better then Alexander/Chuck.


    He deserves to fight Liddell but the average UFC fan doesnt know that, they will think that they are feeding Liddell some nobody to get a win on his record. Then when shogun beats Liddell how does that make the poster boy look?? the last thing the UFC wants is their biggest draw losing 2 in a row



    One boring decision win shouldnt get Griffen a chance to rematch every single loss he has ever had, even if he is a poster boy. Griffen gets a chance to prove that he can beat the #1 lightheavyweight in the world and im sure that means alot to him
    Damn, its kinda funny how getting totaly schooled can actually make you feel more comfortable about it. haha but yeah man that makes alot of sense. thanks for the guidance.

    Aaron-

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aaron757
    SWITCH RUA AND JARDINE! WTF ARE THEY THINKING?

    /end rant
    honestly they shouldnt switch rua and jardine.... bcuz rua vs liddell is too soon

    but i say switch forrest and jardine

    Forrest vs liddell makes more sense even in ppv buyrates and having rua vs jardine makes sense too

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    29

    Default

    I agree with about switching Jardine and griffin. To of UFC biggest star fighting would help buyrate, and they don;t have to feed Forrest to Shogun and show how bad he really is. The Iceman and Forrest would be a slugfest probaly ending in a good knock out.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •