+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem i have with UFC 76

this is an amazing card, 5 big fights that are MUST SEE

no complaints here, Shogun vs Chuck could happen down the road with wins but I'd rather see these matchups, and they got the Machida fight right now aswell

The reason Liddell is getting Jardine is because Dana doesn't want him to lose again. Chuck can't have back to back losses against Rampage and Shogun before he goes to fight Wandy because that would be bad marketing.
    Meanwhile Shogun gets a hyped fighter to beat so that he can get a foot in the UFC (I don't think the average viewer can even comprehend how severly outmatched Griffin is in this fight).

Favourite Fighters: Fedor, Sakurai, Aoki, Sakuraba, Cotoure, Kang, Big Nog, GSP, Sudo

Quote Originally Posted by Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
    I don’t talk crap about nobody until after I whoop their ass except in some cases if they have bad breath or they ugly as hell.

Shogun is unknown to the casual fan and they want to build up these guys before they have them headlining cards. Besides that though, no ones first fight in the cage is against a top tier fighter. Griffin is well known to the casual fan and Shogun beating him give him instant credibility for them to have him fight for the title or against Liddell down the road. Chuck fighting Jardine is a good matchup, it's going to be a standup war and that's what the casual fans love. When was the last time 2 strikers were fighting to headline a card? Chuck vs Page but before that? I get tired of people whining about this card, it's phenomenal. I'll take a card with 2, not 1, but 2 top 5 fighters in a weight class fighting on the same card all day long. There is plenty of time for a Chuck vs Shogun match down the line. Besides, I want to see how Shogun transitions to the cage and the only thing that Forrest does better than him is speak english so it should be a great display of that!

Favorite recent dumbass comment:
    Quote Originally Posted by LebenTysonTank
    My opinion is Arlovski is the best HW the world,but Randy stands a chance in a fight with Fedor to,I don't give a fuck what anybody says.

I still believe in "The Truth"

*1 - 2 in sig/av bets*

Quote Originally Posted by shanil999
    honestly they shouldnt switch rua and jardine.... bcuz rua vs liddell is too soon

but i say switch forrest and jardine

Forrest vs liddell makes more sense even in ppv buyrates and having rua vs jardine makes sense too
    griffin-liddell would be huge, it could carry a card by itself practically. it's too bad about forrest losing to jardine because forrest would have fought chuck had he beaten jardine.

Default Re:

See, you're analyzing the whole thing on the absolute basis of fighter skill and records, whereas UFC is analyzing it on the basis of return on investment; little economics there. I see what you're sayin, and agree, but then again, Dana's gotta tap the ever-important TUF noob demographic. From a business standpoint, I agree w/ Dana 100%

By the way Neo, who is that Wanderlei imitator in your av?

Quote Originally Posted by flexshock55
    By the way Neo, who is that Wanderlei imitator in your av?
    that would be babalu, and rogan even says "he is doing the wanderlei silva wrist rolls"

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Gmunit
    this is an amazing card, 5 big fights that are MUST SEE

no complaints here, Shogun vs Chuck could happen down the road with wins but I'd rather see these matchups, and they got the Machida fight right now aswell
    Took the words right out my fingers...

This ignorant shit has been addressed on MANY other threads. Close this one and direct this guy to go read any of the ones with Liddell, Jardine, Rua, Shogun, or UFC 76 in the fucking title. Neo summed it up good but it's been beat to death dude.

Favorite recent dumbass comment:
    Quote Originally Posted by LebenTysonTank
    My opinion is Arlovski is the best HW the world,but Randy stands a chance in a fight with Fedor to,I don't give a fuck what anybody says.

I still believe in "The Truth"

*1 - 2 in sig/av bets*

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information