Thread: How good a wrestler is Kid Yamamoto?

Default How good a wrestler is Kid Yamamoto?

Obviously i know hes a good wrestler as i've seen his fights, and i understand he wrestled in highschool and that his father was a wrestler as i seen some foootage of him in a K-1 video package, but with his ambitions to be a wrestler on an olympic level, i thought i'd ask some of you who have a better technical knowledge of wrestling, how would you rate his effectiveness as a wrestler in mma, and how do you see his skills translating to the olympic stage.
    Last edited by valheruking; 08-06-2007 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by valheruking
    Obviously i know hes a good wrestler as i've seen his fights, and i understand he wrestled in highschool and that his father was a wrestler as i seen some foootage of him in a K-1 video package, but with his ambitions to be a wrestler on an olympic level, i thought i'd ask some of you who have a better technical knowledge of wrestling, how would you rate his effectiveness as a wrestler in mma, and how do you see his skills translating to the olympic stage.
    Great thread...

I had no idea that Kid wrestled here in the US. Three time AZ state champ in HS and placed 2nd as a freshman... That's pretty damn good if you ask me.

I thought he already wrestled on a World Team at one point. Anyways, I haven't seen him fight enough for a good opinion.

Thanks, yeah its hard to gauge his pure wrestling ability from his performances but as you said he cant be bad with a solid background from his HS days at the very least.

Kid is a good wrestler. Didn't he plan to compete in the 2008 olympics? In free style wrestling.
    "If you disrespect fighting it will disrespect you"

-BJ Penn

Quote Originally Posted by nhenry87
    Kid is a good wrestler. Didn't he plan to compete in the 2008 olympics? In free style wrestling.
    yeh but he got injured prior to tryouts i believe.

I heard that his chances of making it were not the greatest

Quote Originally Posted by insano1
    Nice, I'd rep you if I could.

i know kid's dad and sister are both medal winners in the olympics for wrestling... he's obviously got the potential or had the potential for that himself i think but from last i heard he's going back to mma... doesn't he fight this month too at heros?

Quote Originally Posted by deeznizzies
    i know kid's dad and sister are both medal winners in the olympics for wrestling... he's obviously got the potential or had the potential for that himself i think but from last i heard he's going back to mma... doesn't he fight this month too at heros?
    yah hes fighting a BJJ practitioner with a record of 1-1

Thread Information