Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Report: Kang vs. Sakuraba

Default Report: Kang vs. Sakuraba

Source: [url]http://portaldovaletudo.uol.com.br/site/interna.php?id=1044/url]

Here is a rough translation

After counting a little of its work as to manager in interview to the Vestibule of the Vale Tudo Magazine, Alex J. Davis entered in contact with us. With the end of Pride, many athletes are migrating for other events, and the fans wanted to know where walked the vice-champion of the Pride Bushido GP at 83kg, Denis Kang. The fighter finishes to sign a contract with the HERO's and goes to enter in the organization against the former champion of the Pride, always the dangerous Kazushi Sakuraba. The fight will be in day 17 of September, in Kanagawa (***), in the same show that will count on the ends of the HERO's.

I am disappointed that he chose HERO's over the UFC. I see this as a very bad move for Sakuraba. He is a shell of his former self and Kang is just peaking.

EDIT: Alex Davis is the ATT manager.
    Last edited by jesusatemyhotdog; 08-15-2007 at 05:07 PM.

Joe Pesci doesn't fuck around!

I know you're looking up at us: Thanks, George.

There was no way for Kang to go to UFC because he still has 2 fights under Korea's Spirit, its good to see him fight Saku though. Kang is going to win probadly but Saku will put on a good show.
    If he canít get the fight to the ground he is screwed, he'll get beat like a dog without an owner. Now the guy says he wants to kick my ass.

-Wanderlei Silva on Filho

I am pulling for Sakuraba

Quote Originally Posted by Ramma
    I just don't see how he can pull it out. He is nowhere near what he once was. I mean, he almost wasn't approved by CSAC for the Royce fight due to medical issues. And Kang is a fucking beast right now.

Kang by early KO.

Yeah I would like to see Saku win because fuck he's the man. I like Kang more now but to see Saku win this fight would redeem his lose against Gracie. Japan would explode.
    If he canít get the fight to the ground he is screwed, he'll get beat like a dog without an owner. Now the guy says he wants to kick my ass.

-Wanderlei Silva on Filho

Quote Originally Posted by Chute
    Yeah I would like to see Saku win because fuck he's the man. I like Kang more now but to see Saku win this fight would redeem his lose against Gracie. Japan would explode.
    True enough. I just hope that he isn't seriously injured. It is one thing for him to fight grapplers like Royce and Akiyama or hand selected jobbers (Kiseliov) but to fight a guy as explosive and aggressive as Kang just seems like bad news for him. Because Kang is going to hit him in the face; hard and often.

I don't see this as a smart move by Sakuraba at all. I would love to see him pull off a victory, but i don't see how he can. Kang will probably KO him in the first round, he's too strong and on too much of a roll right now. Good luck Saku, though, you're gonna need it.

Huh? Why? Just wanting an upset?

**Holy shit! Is his nickname really "Gracie Hunter"? LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by foutch550
    Huh? Why? Just wanting an upset?

**Holy shit! Is his nickname really "Gracie Hunter"? LOL!!!
    Yep, it is indeed

And no, I really like Sakuraba..

And I am not a fan of Kang to be honest. Good fighter, but he doesn't make my top 30 favorite fighters

Yep, it is indeed

And no, I really like Sakuraba..

And I am not a fan of Kang to be honest. Good fighter, but he doesn't make my top 30 favorite fighters
    Why not? Just curious cuz you see alot of "pro-Kang" statements, being a top middleweight and I just sorta thought of Sakuraba as being like a "mma Ric Flair". Ya know? Kinda hanging around when his better days are behind him.

Thread Information