Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Couture Predicts Stoppage in 3rd or 4th Round

Quote Originally Posted by leelandk69
    I see what you are saying, but then why do fighters watch hours of footage on their opponents before a fight? I did not say by looking at a fighter's history you know exactly what they are going to do. I said you make assumptions.
    I would look at it more of a (for lack of a better word) "Trough" of things to use. Most important of which is History, as you stated, but they must also analyze variable factors like training partners, health, familiarity of the two fighters, and even the venue.

I would never discount a fighter, especially of one Randy's reputation, simply based on his history.

Quote Originally Posted by TriangleChoke62
    On paper, randy should lose this fight imo, but Randy is what I like to call a brilliant fighter.
    I think this is just the less analytical way of saying all the junk i just said.
    The only time it's acceptable to not make weight...

This fight probably will come down to endurance if Randy can avoid being knocked out for the first couple of rounds. I see Randy as having the superior cardio but Gonzaga is likely going to come out swinging and try to get on top of Randy and grind him out.

Randy does have a Batman like quality to him though... give him time to plan and he can beat anyone.

Someone's got a boo-boo.

Gonzaga is gonna look for the fast TKO/KO. if he doesn't suceed in 2 or 3 rounds, it's over for him.

Gegard Mousasi- 25-2-1

"However great the kindness and the efficiency, in every hospital death there will be some cruel, squalid detail, something perhaps too small to be told but leaving terribly painful memories behind, arising out of the haste, the crowding, the impersonality of a place where every day people are dying among strangers"

IMO if Couture can last until the 3rd round or later, I believe GG will be in trouble. If he can finish Randy in the early rounds that's his key to winning. If he doesn't, Randy's experience kicks in and this is a HUGE factor.

GG has never fought 5 rounds and I've never seen a fighter that wasn't gassed the first time they went 5 full rounds, IMO, he will gas after 2.5-3 rounds. Not to mention having someone like Randy in there who will not relent and is constantly working to punch you in the face isn't an easy thing to prepare for. Randy has been in these wars more than once, he knows what it takes. Hard to prepare when you have no clue what it's like to go 5 rounds.

If GG can keep it standing or get top position on Randy early, it could end early, that's his best shot IMO. If he doesn't, Randy will dominate and possibly finish him in round 3, 4, or 5. Won't be much longer and we'll all see, it's going to be a great fight indeed.

Favorite recent dumbass comment:
    Quote Originally Posted by LebenTysonTank
    My opinion is Arlovski is the best HW the world,but Randy stands a chance in a fight with Fedor to,I don't give a fuck what anybody says.

I still believe in "The Truth"

*1 - 2 in sig/av bets*

Quote Originally Posted by twankydawg
    IMO if Couture can last until the 3rd round or later, I believe GG will be in trouble. If he can finish Randy in the early rounds that's his key to winning. If he doesn't, Randy's experience kicks in and this is a HUGE factor.

GG has never fought 5 rounds and I've never seen a fighter that wasn't gassed the first time they went 5 full rounds, IMO, he will gas after 2.5-3 rounds. Not to mention having someone like Randy in there who will not relent and is constantly working to punch you in the face isn't an easy thing to prepare for. Randy has been in these wars more than once, he knows what it takes. Hard to prepare when you have no clue what it's like to go 5 rounds.

If GG can keep it standing or get top position on Randy early, it could end early, that's his best shot IMO. If he doesn't, Randy will dominate and possibly finish him in round 3, 4, or 5. Won't be much longer and we'll all see, it's going to be a great fight indeed.
    Please Lord, let twankydawg's analysis be true (personally, I think it's very intelligent). This is exactly how I want to see this fight go.

Honestly, I am a huge Couture fan but with how GG handled CC, I am nervous. Especially given Randy's record against bigger grapplers. That said, my VMoney is on Randy.

Anyone know Randy's predictions for the rest of the fights that night?

Quote Originally Posted by noisekarma
    Anyone know Randy's predictions for the rest of the fights that night?
    Lol, why? Are you looking to make some money?

Quote Originally Posted by jokerthief
    Lol, why? Are you looking to make some money?
    Yes! He is after all ridiculously good at picking fights. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by jokerthief
    Please Lord, let twankydawg's analysis be true (personally, I think it's very intelligent). This is exactly how I want to see this fight go.

Honestly, I am a huge Couture fan but with how GG handled CC, I am nervous. Especially given Randy's record against bigger grapplers. That said, my VMoney is on Randy.
    Not to take anyway anything from GG, but Cro Cop really beat himself that night by underestimating his opponent, not training for the cage, etc.
    3-4 in sig bets. FUCK me.

Quote Originally Posted by jlruthven84
    Not to take anyway anything from GG, but Cro Cop really beat himself that night by underestimating his opponent, not training for the cage, etc.
    Agreed. Kicking one bad ass dude n the head doesnt necessarily make you a good fighter...
    The only time it's acceptable to not make weight...

Thread Information