Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New reputation system?

Default New reputation system?

So, it looks like the Reputation system has been modified .. what's the new distribution system?

(i.e. if someone has 100 reps how many points does he give out when repping someone? Negging someone?)

I searched the FAQ and recent rep theads and saw nothing...

Thanks,
    ~Storm

Reputation Factor settings (how much you give or take):
    *Start: 1 point
    *+1 for every year that you have been a member
    *+1 for every 1000 posts that you have
    *+1 for 150 rep you have

It bumped up from +1 for every 50 to +1 for every 150. People were gaining too much rep power too quick. hell they were giving out more than the Admins

Got it.. thanks for the quick reply !

Quote Originally Posted by The Sundance Kid
    Also, the requirment to get into the Pic/video section is now 50 rep points.
    Change the description below video/pics forum name, it still says rep of 30 is needed. That will cause confusion for new users.

Also, the requirment to get into the Pic/video section is now 50 rep points.
    I still think it should be higher but whatever. It's the admins call.

I thought so too, but then I was thinking about it, and what has happend, is that all the lurkers that were just feeding off the vid section posted enough to get 30 rep. now they have quick posting again. Now they will have to get 50 reps on a much harder system of getting reps.

Basicly the reason why we only raised it to 50 so that when the lurkers get there 50 rep points and start not to post and just leaching again, we will raise it once again.

*Evil Laugh*
    You evil bastard, you're conspiring to rid us of the lurkers................I like it!

Favorite recent dumbass comment:
    Quote Originally Posted by LebenTysonTank
    My opinion is Arlovski is the best HW the world,but Randy stands a chance in a fight with Fedor to,I don't give a fuck what anybody says.

I still believe in "The Truth"

*1 - 2 in sig/av bets*

I thought so too, but then I was thinking about it, and what has happend, is that all the lurkers that were just feeding off the vid section posted enough to get 30 rep. now they have quick posting again. Now they will have to get 50 reps on a much harder system of getting reps.

Basicly the reason why we only raised it to 50 so that when the lurkers get there 50 rep points and start not to post and just leaching again, we will raise it once again.

*Evil Laugh*

sounds good,i figured thats the way it would be once they got enough rep they would quit posting again.i mean thats the only reason some are here is for the vids section only.i think alot of ones that got into the vids that are now back out will be pissed lol.but who gives a shit about them.and this is a great idea

Hmmm I hope it doesn't go up too much lol I only have about 100 rep points lol and I rarely get any more lol.
    Does that make me like a semi-lurker cos people don't know who I am but I know all you guys lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jza
    Hmmm I hope it doesn't go up too much lol I only have about 100 rep points lol and I rarely get any more lol.
    Does that make me like a semi-lurker cos people don't know who I am but I know all you guys lol

Lol.

I think you'll be all right.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

Quote Originally Posted by Noob
    Lol.

I think you'll be all right.
    Plus, just one "Rep-Shot" from Noob and you'll be ready to go again !!

Thread Information