Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Pride Boss: My Fighters Will "devour" Ufc Fighters

like a young tito ortiz sory for any hurt fellings

YOU ARGUE ABOUT MMA WITH MMAPIMP YOU LOSE!!!!,YOU LOSE!!!!

I have a inflamed vagina after this post.

IM STARTING THE NATE "THE GREAT" MARQUARDT WAGON--SO WHO WANTS TO JUMP ON?

Psalm 144:1 - Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

I don't think anyone from Pride could beat Matt Hughes...or Georges St. Pierre for that matter if he becomes champion. At middleweight (using American division names here), Franklin and Henderson would be a phenomenal match, as long as Franklin is able to pick his shots, dictate the pace, and avoid Hendo's huge right hand. At LHW, we'd have a Pride contingent of Wand Silva, Shogun Rua (if he drops back down), and Ricardo Arona against Chuck Liddell, Tito Ortiz, and Babalu Sobral. Sounds good to me.

Heavyweight...no one beats Fedor. Absolutely no one. Then again, Tim Sylvia has a knack for defying the odds. That is a special quality.

A LW scrap would be great, Pride bringing along Gomi, Azeredo, Hansen, Kawajiri, and Sakurai against the UFC's Sherk, Penn, Pulver, Edwards, and Franca.

I personally don't think this would happen, and I have sinking feeling the Liddell/Silva fight might not come off, simply because they both might be looking past their current opponents and could get hurt. Especially if Babalu beats Chuck, playing the unenviable role of spoiler.

Israel Vazquez....Super Bantamweight Champ....Super Heavyweight Heart

This man is my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by MMAPIMP
    actually i didnt call him gay at all, i called his post or idea gay so sory any misunderstanding
    have you read any of your posts yet? its enough to make a strong man cry. and how the hell did they get a computer in 'da hood'?
    Filho>>>>>All other MW

I think in some respects, Pride has hands down the best fighters in some weight classes.

Pride and even K-1 seem to have the top 155 lb fighters in the world. I think the 170 lb div has more depth of higher quality fighters in UFC's favor. The 185 lb div looks pretty even. 205 looks stacked in Prides favor, but UFC does have Liddell and Sobral, two top ten guys in anyones book. The HW division is without question all Pride...Even without Fedor they have more depth of quality fighters hands down.

I don't think they'd sweep the UFC in a battle of belts, but they would probably come really close.

Other than HW for Pride and WW for UFC it is a coin toss for the rest of the weight classes. LW is dependant on who is champ at the time, Sherk or Penn I think can compete with Gomi. So it is really who is on their game on fight night. I am just glad all my MMA dreams may come to fruition.

Quote Originally Posted by supermark21
    have you read any of your posts yet? its enough to make a strong man cry. and how the hell did they get a computer in 'da hood'?
    weelfare pays good man

YOU ARGUE ABOUT MMA WITH MMAPIMP YOU LOSE!!!!,YOU LOSE!!!!

I have a inflamed vagina after this post.

IM STARTING THE NATE "THE GREAT" MARQUARDT WAGON--SO WHO WANTS TO JUMP ON?

Psalm 144:1 - Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by MMAKIng
    yes thank you mma suits,,,,,,,,finally its going down,,,,,my question is,,, what about the rules in pride that we all like ,,,,soccer kicks to the head, stomps,etc,, can those rules still apply in america???? i doubt it,,,ufc fought hard to become legit here and basically set the concrete for promoting in america. wandy,shogun,fedor,crop cop, etc are badasses but doesn't that take out a lot out of there gameplan? either way i can't wait.....i wouldn't bet on the chuck vs wandy fight,,too damm close......

16 OWGP Super Bowl: All Matches Same Day: opening round - 2 - 5 min rounds / semi's 3 - 5min rounds / finals 1 - 10 min 1 - 5 min round- all in a ring - for our viewing pleasure - for someone who has been to many ufc events and found it hard to see the action more than a few times

Fedor
    Silvia

Crop Cop
    Arlovski

W. Silva
    T. Ortiz

M. hunt
    Liddell

Rampage
    Big Nog

R. Arona
    B. Vera

Shogun
    J. Barnett

Rich Franklin
    Dan Henderson

also hughes vs gomi for both titles

MMA Clasic Match Bas Rutten Vs. Ken SHamrock

yea i know it would never happen>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    IMO Rampage vs Big Nog would suck, Rampage is good but nowhere near as good as Big Nog, first round sub for sure. (plus Rampage is in WFA now)

Arona vs Vera would suck as well. I would rather see Rampage vs Vera and Arona vs Big Nog (I don't think Vera would do particularly well against Arona, not many people do and Arona's ground game would subdue Vera IMO).

Liddell vs Hunt would be a nightmare of a matchup for Chuck as Mark Hunt can't be KO'ed and he is like 280lbs, I think he would shit all over on Chuck.

Hughes would rape Gomi, way too much of a size advantage.

All of the PRIDE vs UFC matchups I would have the pride winning them all except the Hughes vs Gomi. The Franklin vs Hendo is arguable but not to sound like Quarry but Franklin's chin does seem questionable as Tanner dropped him with 1 punch and the Crow dropped him with 1 punch late in the fight and after being beated in such a horrific manor so there was certainly not as much snap on his punches at that point. We all know Hendo has one of the sickest right hands in MMA, he closed up Wandy with it and has KO'd some peeps as well as his wrestling being dominant and his endurance is insane. IMO he is the more well rounded fighter and has been in tougher fights so I would give him the edge though it would be a great fight should it ever take place.

And believe me I don't think they'll be to eager to throw any welterweight in there with Matt Hughes and talk that kind of shit,because I guarantee Hughes will anally molest anyone they put in THE OCTAGON with.I think a series of cards with one main event match of unifying champions is more likely and realistic Like if they had Fedor vs. Sylvia.Then they would have something like a Chris Leben vs.Phil Baroni for an undercard,or something to that affect,and maybe mid to high level fights for each weight class,throwing Riggs,Swick,KenFlo,Spencer Fisher,Diego,Karo and guys of that caliber for the undercards.

Here's my question: if this stuff was to actually happen and Wanderlei took Liddell's belt (for example), what would be Wanderlei's status? If he has to defend the UFC belt at UFC shows, wouldn't that, in a sense, make him a UFC fighter? It seems like we might wind up with a mess of fighters who aren't really either Pride or UFC guys anymore, but who are defined more by their contractual status (i.e. who is giving them checks) rather than where they do their fighting. Hmmm...one giant league with two factions which are supposedly separate, but are functionally the same....nWo anyone?

This is a promoter trying to generate hype -- very successfully as evidenced by the 4 pages and counting of posts on here. In a head-to-head battle in all weight classes, neither organization would dominate. In all likelyhood, Pride would take HW and LW, with UFC definitely retaining MW and WW, with LHW up for grabs.

I think the next year of MMA is going to be the most exciting in history.

Thread Information