Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42

Thread: I was penalized for voicing an opinion and I find that very confusing.

  1. #11
    TravelinMonty Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by insano1
    I really don't give a damn how hurt your feelings are because that statement is very ignorant. No one is saying that you can't argue that GG's nose broke due to a head butt (clearly it wasn't) but to say that it was intentional is very disrespectful and this forum has a lot of Randy fans. The highlighted portion of your post pissed of 95% of the posters not your arguement.
    The only reason it pissed people off was because it had to do with the glorious randy couture

  2. #12
    TravelinMonty Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noob
    Your argument was poor and baseless. Claiming that the headbutt was intentional without any proof or even a plausible hypothesis was a poor choice.


    You can argue for yourself as much as you want, none of the mods did anything to you and the slams you received were mostly deserved. It's not what you want to hear, but it's reality.

    Maybe censor yourself a bit next time.
    Down with censorship!

    The kid was respectful and asked an honest question. I went back and read it again. It really wasn't that ridiculous.

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TravelinMonty
    Down with censorship!

    The kid was respectful and asked an honest question. I went back and read it again. It really wasn't that ridiculous.

    It may very well have been honest, I don't doubt that. But it was complete speculation, and a baseless accusation.


    I don't think he should be banned for it, but the fact that he caught some flack from other members doesn't bother me. He didn't lose a terrible amount of rep, he is still close to having sufficient rep for the vids section, and other than a little pride he suffered no great injury.

    Wibblywobblywonder

    14-4 Sig Bets

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TravelinMonty

    The kid was respectful and asked an honest question. I went back and read it again. It really wasn't that ridiculous.
    So you think accusing Randy Couture of intentionally head butting his opponent is respectful?

    And no I didn't flame him or give him negative rep.

  5. #15
    Warchief Guest

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sundance Kid
    Who ate my damn green eggs and ham?
    I know who did, i will send you a PM.

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warchief
    I know who did, i will send you a PM.
    Lol.

    Wibblywobblywonder

    14-4 Sig Bets

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valheruking
    I think the fact that it was pretty certain that the head clash was accidental, along with the fact that it was Randy caused whatever reaction.
    I dont agree with sending you to hole or anything because of it though.


    lol, did you even read his post


    yeah i guess i misunderstood what he was saying.because at the time i didnt notice they put him in the hole.lol,i guess im just used to all the guys under 50 rep bitching about the vid section
    Last edited by 2mcgrath; 09-03-2007 at 07:43 PM.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    No Way
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    His thread wasn't that bad. Alot of people have been here for awhile and have alot of MMA knowledge. So when a relative noobie comes on here and doesn't know exactly what he is talking about or posts an opinion that is out there, some of these arrogant bastards jump on their ass and neg the shit outta them. It gets fucking ridiculous sometimes.
    HENDO

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shax
    I voiced an opinion recently regarding the GG and Randy fight and it was a less than popular opinion regarding the way the fight turned out. I was slammed but multiple members for various reasons but it became an issue with me when one of your administrators restricted my access to the forums. I never broke any rules, I never used any kind of foul language and I never slung any kind of insults around. I simply voiced an opinion and got shit on by one of the admins and thrown "in the hole". If this is a common practice on a FORUM where people are expected to voice opinions whether openly accepted/acknowledge popular or otherwise than I will simply find another MMA forum/website to visit daily.


    As a fairly long standing reader of this site and an occasional contributer I find it disheartening that this kind of conduct is permitted. I consider this a fairly professional website that I up until today held to a pretty high standard. Hopefully this was simply a bad judgement call by an individual and doesn't reflect on the websites policies. Abusive administrators are probably the single most damaging thing you can have as apart of your staff.



    People need to get some tough skin. I've seen people get really, really fucking flamed on other sites that are sexist, racist and anything you can think of. Considering this is an MMA board, full of young testosterone filled men you got off pretty lucky. This board does like to have it's fun but it does govern itself fairly well.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    13,279

    Default

    I threw him in the hole. I'll admit that i did it.

    He was in their for maybe an hour or 2. So whats the big deal, I usually ban people but i just made you have a nice stay in the slamer for a little bit.

    travilingmonty . I mean you say he did nothing wrong but he tryed to say Randy cheated when their was no need to say something stupid like that.

    I mean if you dislike the the way i do things take it up with someone in charge, oh shit wait thats me. So if you do not like it i can make you have a nice stay in the hole and can go find someone that you can talk to in their.

    I guess you see nothing wrong with someone saying someone else cheated with no proof.

    But i shouldnt expect much from you seeing you have a crack head as a AV.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •