Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: the site needs a fighter stats finder

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,080

    Default the site needs a fighter stats finder

    everytime i want to look up a fighters record i have to go to sherdog, i hate going over there, i know it would take an ass load of work but it would be awesome if that feature could be added

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,648

    Default

    This is at least the third thread asking for a fight finder, first was ubermensch (I think(, then me, now drop toe hold. I agree, there should be a fight finder on this site.
    Member with the most bans and still with his original account.

    "Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry. Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal."-Black Sabbath

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sundance Kid
    If everyone pitched in and did a letter it would take no time.



    ...I'll do all the fighters that las name starts with the letter Z.


    Now you guys pick letter and lets have it done by the end of the week.

    I pick X.


    The ultimate problem with this is that it requires a ton of work to research, and a decent amount of work for upkeep. The issue comes down to finding someone who will dedicate the time, and so far no one has stepped up.


    I'd like to have it too, I just don't want to have to put in that much work for it.

    Wibblywobblywonder

    14-4 Sig Bets

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,080

    Default

    sorry i didnt know there was already a thread, i knew it would be a shitload of work, just thought id try

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    13,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noob
    I pick X.


    The ultimate problem with this is that it requires a ton of work to research, and a decent amount of work for upkeep. The issue comes down to finding someone who will dedicate the time, and so far no one has stepped up.


    I'd like to have it too, I just don't want to have to put in that much work for it.

    dude your going to need some help with X so ill help you out lol


    I agree with noob.

    But we do need a fight finder. I think if we had something like that, we would get even bigger.

    But like noob said all it takes is someone to step up

    Or we could just let members take certian fighters i got dibs on Franklin and Vera and Tito

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    7,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dork8503
    dude your going to need some help with X so ill help you out lol


    I agree with noob.

    But we do need a fight finder. I think if we had something like that, we would get even bigger.

    But like noob said all it takes is someone to step up

    Or we could just let members take certian fighters i got dibs on Franklin and Vera and Tito
    True but then the little new guys would never get done. As cool of an idea as it is none of us really have the time for it and I just can't see someone else willing to build it and upkeep it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    619

    Default

    Well my suggestion for this would be effectively to basically take someone elses.
    I mean it doesn't matter where you get the info from so long as you get it right.
    Someone starts a thread and everyone posts fighters in it and whichever admin is available updates the original post and at the end just posts *updated to post 101* for example and the next time someone is available and it's at say posts 121 they update it again.
    That way the fight finder is all done in one post and in alphabetical order and then within a few weeks it will be finished and can be exported to the website.

    It would also leave us with a fighter finder on the forum - maybe as a sub forum where people could just go in look at a letter and find the fighter they're looking for. This way we can always get feedback if a fighters record is out and the members feel involved.

    Apologies if I've missed anything out but I'm more thn happy to expand on my idea.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noob
    I pick X.
    I get Q!

  9. #9
    Bullock Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clint
    As cool of an idea as it is none of us really have the time for it and I just can't see someone else willing to build it and upkeep it.

    Exactly.

    Everybody wants it but nobody wants to do the work to get it, lol.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullock
    Exactly.

    Everybody wants it but nobody wants to do the work to get it, lol.
    Although I did just suggest a way that we could all contribute

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •