Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deputy Mods during events

Default Deputy Mods during events

Is there any way that some posters could be deputized, so to speak, in the lead up to and fall out after UFC events?

The sheer volume of stupidity is too much for the team we have now.

Joe Pesci doesn't fuck around!

I know you're looking up at us: Thanks, George.

Good idea. We need like 5, I'd say. A lot users become fucing retarded and act like jackasses, then say, "Whoops, it was the alcohol." We should ban them or send them to the hole. I'll volunteer. Muhahahaha
    Member with the most bans and still with his original account.

"Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry. Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal."-Black Sabbath

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jesusatemyhotdog
    The sheer volume of stupidity is too much for the team we have now.
    It really is.

Is there any way that some posters could be deputized, so to speak, in the lead up to and fall out after UFC events?
    I actually like this idea. It would be a little more tricky in practice than in theory though.

Deputizing a few members as mods would be a breeze. Would take 10 seconds to enact and then to remove afterwards. The problem is that moderators can't ban, so we would still be dependant on there being an admin around to put people in The Hole and to outright ban people.

We couldn't make members admins. Too much power, and it takes a few days to process because the administrator 'permissions' have to be handed down from on high by Boone's boss.

Other than that, I really don't see a problem with this. We would just have to find an effective way of choosing who to 'deputize,' and decide how many people we want to use.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

I was thinking more along the lines of thread merging and deleting.

Just look at how many "what's next for Cro Cop" and "Hamill got screwed" threads there were.

Joe Pesci doesn't fuck around!

I know you're looking up at us: Thanks, George.

5. Default

I was thinking more along the lines of thread merging and deleting.

Just look at how many "what's next for Cro Cop" and "Hamill got screwed" threads there were.

I think it's a good idea. I will talk to the other mods about it and we may give it a try for the next PPV. Or better yet, have a test-run for the Fight Night a week from Wednesday (or is it Tuesday?).

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

for sure a good idea.because after the events all the douches comeout of the woodwork.i noticed a few times after the event 150 or more at one time viewing the general section

Happy to volunteer if ya need any help
    And I could see it being a good idea but still might turn out to be useless in practise lol

Good idea!

Those first few days after a big even definately require "all hands on deck" in order keep the insanity in check.
    CAUTION: This poster is prone to outbursts of unthinkable obscenities. If you encounter one of these incredible tirades, please do not provoke him further. This poster has been known to place himself, and his foes in a position to be banned. The best way to avoid such incidents would be to avoid stating anything negative about Jake Shields.

If any help is ever needed all you guys need to do is say the word.

Nobody would inhibit the operation of this forum on my watch.

This is a good idea.. And I completely agree. I try to avoid making threads during the PPV time span just because it is too much.

Thread Information