Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: I was penalized for voicing an opinion and I find that very confusing.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    52

    Default I was penalized for voicing an opinion and I find that very confusing.

    I voiced an opinion recently regarding the GG and Randy fight and it was a less than popular opinion regarding the way the fight turned out. I was slammed but multiple members for various reasons but it became an issue with me when one of your administrators restricted my access to the forums. I never broke any rules, I never used any kind of foul language and I never slung any kind of insults around. I simply voiced an opinion and got shit on by one of the admins and thrown "in the hole". If this is a common practice on a FORUM where people are expected to voice opinions whether openly accepted/acknowledge popular or otherwise than I will simply find another MMA forum/website to visit daily.


    As a fairly long standing reader of this site and an occasional contributer I find it disheartening that this kind of conduct is permitted. I consider this a fairly professional website that I up until today held to a pretty high standard. Hopefully this was simply a bad judgement call by an individual and doesn't reflect on the websites policies. Abusive administrators are probably the single most damaging thing you can have as apart of your staff.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    4,564

    Default

    you badmouthed randy couture, what can I say? I wasn't there when you said it so Im not sure how serious it was but I advise you to let it go

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    nc
    Posts
    5,277

    Default

    if you are talking about not being able to get into vid section.they changed the rules on it for everyone.you have to have a rep of 50 to get in there

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    5,500

    Default

    I think the fact that it was pretty certain that the head clash was accidental, along with the fact that it was Randy caused whatever reaction.
    I dont agree with sending you to hole or anything because of it though.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2mcgrath
    if you are talking about not being able to get into vid section.they changed the rules on it for everyone.you have to have a rep of 50 to get in there
    lol, did you even read his post

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    52

    Default

    I did let it go, the thread is about 4 pages long I made my original post and 1 follow up response. That's it. I was under the impression he got headbutt and images produced showed it was more of a self inflicted injury than a headbutt. That resulted in my forum access being reduced.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    4,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shax
    I did let it go, the thread is about 4 pages long I made my original post and 1 follow up response. That's it. I was under the impression he got headbutt and images produced showed it was more of a self inflicted injury than a headbutt. That resulted in my forum access being reduced.
    but did you not make another thread to bitch about how you were treated?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shax
    Seriously, I saw the fight and the headbutt in question appeared intentional. Asterisk next to that win imo.
    I really don't give a damn how hurt your feelings are because that statement is very ignorant. No one is saying that you can't argue that GG's nose broke due to a head butt (clearly it wasn't) but to say that it was intentional is very disrespectful and this forum has a lot of Randy fans. The highlighted portion of your post pissed of 95% of the posters not your arguement.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dorsia
    Posts
    10,205

    Default

    I guess the lesson you should take from this is that people will neg you for staying stuff like that.

    And none of the admins did anything to you.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    ValÚncia, Spain
    Posts
    8,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shax
    I voiced an opinion recently regarding the GG and Randy fight and it was a less than popular opinion regarding the way the fight turned out. I was slammed but multiple members for various reasons but it became an issue with me when one of your administrators restricted my access to the forums. I never broke any rules, I never used any kind of foul language and I never slung any kind of insults around. I simply voiced an opinion and got shit on by one of the admins and thrown "in the hole". If this is a common practice on a FORUM where people are expected to voice opinions whether openly accepted/acknowledge popular or otherwise than I will simply find another MMA forum/website to visit daily.


    As a fairly long standing reader of this site and an occasional contributer I find it disheartening that this kind of conduct is permitted. I consider this a fairly professional website that I up until today held to a pretty high standard. Hopefully this was simply a bad judgement call by an individual and doesn't reflect on the websites policies. Abusive administrators are probably the single most damaging thing you can have as apart of your staff.

    Your argument was poor and baseless. Claiming that the headbutt was intentional without any proof or even a plausible hypothesis was a poor choice.


    You can argue for yourself as much as you want, none of the mods did anything to you and the slams you received were mostly deserved. It's not what you want to hear, but it's reality.


    Maybe censor yourself a bit next time.

    Wibblywobblywonder

    14-4 Sig Bets

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Joplin,Missouri
    Posts
    5,016

    Default

    I thought you got off easy. If I was an admin I would've banned you for life.

    Captain America!!!
    8/9/2008 WAIT FOR IT!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •