+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No Room For Karo

Default No Room For Karo

Okay, so I was looking through the forums and it's clear that with TUF, then Hughes/Serra. No WW is getting a title shot for quite a while, and next year when the next fight does happen it's most likely going to be GSP, maybe Fitch, maybe Sanchez... Hell there are even a few up and commers like Kos and Davis who in a year or 2 might be ready. The problem is where does that leave poor Karo? The guy had to pull out of his shot a while back and he never got a second chance.

Where this is going is I got to thinking, what if Karo dropped down to LW? First of all i want imput because personally I THINK he could lose some bulk and do it up but I'm just not POSITIVE if right now he could make the cut. My point is would Karo/Penn, Karo/Stevenson, or even Karo/Sherk 3 interest anybody???

I could be crazy i donno... it was all just a thought I had... lemme know what you think.

Oh i definately think he can make 55, i thiink its just a matter of him being too pigheaded to make the change. and you are definately right in saying there is no room for him.

it'll be real tough for him to get a shot at WW but at LW i would say that he would be quite a force.

He might not want to be a LW though, so as not to have to compete against his cousin Manny.
    "What we learned here today
    is that fighting is not
    what we thought it was"

-JIM BROWN at UFC 1

I forget where I posted it, but personally I'd like to see the stacked Welterweight division do TUF 7. I think if Hughes loses to Serra (he will) he will move up to MW. But that still leaves a huge log jam behind. I'd do the TUF show in a semi Grand Prix style. One fight per week, with the winner getting the shot. Fighters would include:

(in ranked order)
    10: Mike Swick
    9: Shinya Aoki
    8: Josh Burkman
    7: Marcus Davis
    6: Josh Koscheck
    5: Jon Fitch
    4: Diego Sanchez
    3: Karo Parisyan
    2: Jake Shields (I can dream)
    1: Georges St.Pierre

That should settle the "he's gonna have to wait 2 or 3 years to get a shot" debate. and straighten out this division, for a little while anyway.
    CAUTION: This poster is prone to outbursts of unthinkable obscenities. If you encounter one of these incredible tirades, please do not provoke him further. This poster has been known to place himself, and his foes in a position to be banned. The best way to avoid such incidents would be to avoid stating anything negative about Jake Shields.

My concern when i was thinking about it would be that for Karo to drop he would probably lose most of his weight from his core, and that might severely affect his judo game.

Quote Originally Posted by m_babyface_g
    My concern when i was thinking about it would be that for Karo to drop he would probably lose most of his weight from his core, and that might severely affect his judo game.
    Karo may look like he could drop because of he's not cut, but in the photos I've seen of him at walking weight, he walks around at close to 200. I doubt he could drop to 155 without losing the fighter he is. Also, I'm not so sure that he has the quickness to defend some of the LWs out there.
    CAUTION: This poster is prone to outbursts of unthinkable obscenities. If you encounter one of these incredible tirades, please do not provoke him further. This poster has been known to place himself, and his foes in a position to be banned. The best way to avoid such incidents would be to avoid stating anything negative about Jake Shields.

I love Karo as a fighter, but no way does he have the drive to cut to 55. Cuting weight has been nearly his biggest/toughest opponent.

BUT---if he did--- he would be a STRONG fuckin 55er. BJ vs. Karo- dear god that sound like fun!!!

dude BJ and Karo could fight at 170, id bet that fight will happen sometime down the road! well i can dream at least LOL

"For years I’ve underestimated Tim Sylvia. This time I think I’m gonna be in the minority and pick Tim and his long right hand. Come to think of it, I am a minority." - Din Thomas predicts Sylvia to beat Fedor LMAO!

Favorite Fighters: Penn, Rampage, Tito, Couture, Guida, GSP, Mayhem, Varner, Mir, Torres

13-6-1 in AV/SIG bets

Karo is one of my fav fighters, so this is a tough post i am going to make. I don't think he can physically make the cut to 155 and be the same fighter he is at 170. That being said he is def a top 3-5 170 lb fighter. Problem is I don't think he can beat the top 2. IMO those top two are GSP and BJ Penn. Yeah Serra has the belt and Hughes will probably beat him when they fight. I don't think either of those guys can beat BJ or GSP on a day to day basis. I know they have in the past but I consider those fights abberations.

I see Karo as maybe getting a shot just so the UFC can say they gave it to him. He is a warrior and will always put on a great show so the UFC will not let him go anytime soon. He will make great money being the guy that dismantles the up and comers that are trying to make a name for themselves or an awesome mid-card draw that completes a card because all the hard core fans know what he brings to the table.
    "Casualties many; Percentage of dead not known; Combat efficiency; we are winning."
    (Colonel David M. Shoup, USMC, Tarawa, 21 November 1943.)

i have already said this a few times, but i think karo deserves a title shot. it seems he is a forgotten man. i think he should get the winner of hughes/serra. that would make the most sense and he has paid his dues. if he didn't gas out against diego, he would have already had that title shot i think.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information