Thread: kids with flexible arms that dont tap

Default kids with flexible arms that dont tap

I was rolling with this kid yesterday who seriously had the most flexible arms in the world

I got him in an armbar and I literally bucked my hips up as far as I could and he would not tap. I then did the move like Fedor when he fought that really tall Korean guy and took his arm and put it over my side. This guys arm was seriously inverted, and I heard it pop 3 times.

At that time I stopped cranking because I know when my elbows have popped before it was because my elbow was about to snap. He insisted that I was no where near to tapping him.

So have you ever had a situation like this? I know the arm bar was tight and on right. Most people in that situation would have tapped. It just made me very eerie because I did not want to break the kids arm. What would you have done?

I've been in this situation before (actually, on both sides as I have very flexible limbs) and I usually stop cranking for a second and ask if they are ok. If it turns out I'm not getting them with the armbar I usually improvise; if I'm getting the armbar from the bottom I twist and sit up in an omoplataish position and go for a facelock or a choke (and no flexibility will save you there) and if I'm getting it from mount I'll lock on a short arm scissor (you might be flexible but getting your bicep crushed still hurts like a bitch).

In short: go for chokes and compression locks.

Favourite Fighters: Fedor, Sakurai, Aoki, Sakuraba, Cotoure, Kang, Big Nog, GSP, Sudo

Quote Originally Posted by Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
    I donít talk crap about nobody until after I whoop their ass except in some cases if they have bad breath or they ugly as hell.

Silvastar Guest

I hate that. Put's you in a position of not wanting to hurt them but to the same instance, they know there done and should tap rather than risking it. If they're not going to tap they should be trying to get out of it.

On the other end, if you have them locked down and you put there wrist in your arm pit and wrap the arm and go back, brings a whole new demention of pain.

Yeah, one thing that is really important is to have some kind of dialogue. That's why I always ask "Are you ok?" if they're not tapping when you'd think they would and ask them if they want to reset or keep going (and in that case they'll have to escape it before I switch position/submission). If they just lie there and let their limbs get hyperextended or whatever they're just idiots (what good are flexible limbs if all you use them for is surviving armbars?!) so feel free to tell them to practice escapes and to just tap if they can't.

Favourite Fighters: Fedor, Sakurai, Aoki, Sakuraba, Cotoure, Kang, Big Nog, GSP, Sudo

I donít talk crap about nobody until after I whoop their ass except in some cases if they have bad breath or they ugly as hell.

I have super flexible shoulders/arms, I really feel no pain from a kimura or an americana even when it's cranked beyond what would ruin any normal person.
    What I do is I tap when I know they have it locked in and have cranked it to where a normal person would tap. Most of the guys know my shoulders are weird like that and don't even bother anymore, they just choke me silly.

I have a high tolerance to armbars as well, but I tap when the guy has me locked up just to save us from this confusion.

If he's not trying to escape or reverse he's not doing either of you any good just lying there taking it.
    "People say that marijuana is going to hurt my career. I say to them that on the contrary, my fight career is getting in the way of my marijuana smoking." Nick Diaz

Fav fighters: Hendo, Franklin, Shogun, Jeff Curran, Thiago Silva (future LHW champ 5/31/07), The Diaz Brothers

I hate this with a passion!!!.......I guess I just dont have it in me to just keep crankin....I would have to be in a pretty important match in order to not just feel awful about what I was doing.....I usually just switch it up to a triangle...for some reason I have no problem with putting people to sleep...lol...I mean...they just look so peaceful....lol :grinsmile26:
    www.fight4christmma.com ministry page crazy low prices on gear! $8 T's!

If this guy starts training BJJ...

Edit: In case you
    #1: Are sqeamish and/or
    #2: Doesn't realise this video is about an extremely flexible guy:

Warning!
    Last edited by ufobydeath; 09-24-2007 at 12:46 PM.

Oh my dear God......I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit....
    www.fight4christmma.com ministry page crazy low prices on gear! $8 T's!

Thread Information