Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Posters, like fighter rank

Bullock Guest

^^^

Agreed.

Threads like this create problems in any forums.

I have no idea whether I'm liked, hated or otherwise nor does it really matter. if I were Bullock I'd feel the same way. There are some members that would take it personally and it would create tension.

can I bet some of my rep like i do with my Sig and Av?
    Avy and Sig Bet record 17-9-1

-

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TheBonger

I suppose as long as you clear it with a mod and both parties agree to it, I don't see why you couldn't.

I can see this catching on, and being VERY bad for some people.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

Quote Originally Posted by TheBonger
    Rep should be earned thru posts and discussions. Having someone "win" a fight and gain unwarranted rep seems like it would defeat the whole purpose of 'Reputation'.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Storm442
    Rep should be earned thru posts and discussions. Having someone "win" a fight and gain unwarranted rep seems like it would defeat the whole purpose of 'Reputation'.

Actually that's a good point. I would say it should be possible for the veteran members of the site.

Without talking to the other mods to get their opinions, off the top of my head I would think if you've got 500 rep it should be fine. Though mod discretion would be the final say.

That is not official, just a suggestion.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

Id bet rep for sure, if you lose it isnt that big of a deal and if you win you get insane amounts

as long as i can make threads and see the vids section the rep really isn't that important. I have my own opinion on posters and I hope that people look past rep points to see how good a poster is

I personally feel that the ability to give rep away and/or use it in a wager defeats the purpose but thats up to the powers that be.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Erotnas Steel
    I personally feel that the ability to give rep away and/or use it in a wager defeats the purpose but thats up to the powers that be.

That is a valid point.

I personally don't have a huge problem with it, althought it does seem somewhat frivolous. I suppose I will rely on a more democratic decision-process or general consensus among the mods.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

lol I was just joking, figured some of you might point out my gambling problem. But yea if its alright I wouldn't mind betting some rep, if not Im its cool.
    Avy and Sig Bet record 17-9-1

-

Thread Information