Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happened to my rep?

Default What happened to my rep?

This morning it was up over 50 and now it is 30-34. How did this happen? This is why I hate the rep system.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jbart321
    This morning it was up over 50 and now it is 30-34. How did this happen?

Lol. I don't know what happened. Were you negged?

This is why I hate the rep system.

Well you sure complain about it enough.
    Last edited by Noob; 09-16-2007 at 01:07 AM.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

3. Default

I don't think I was. I checked my previous posts.

I complain about it cause it is unfair, but I don't need to explain that to you.

4. Default

My first guess would be that someone negged you. You should be able to see any recent rep given to you from the UserCP control panel.

I complain about it cause it is unfair, but I don't need to explain that to you.

Though you do complain about it a fair amount. I'm not sure if this is a legitimate complaint or not, but it is at least the 3rd or 4th time I've seen you complain about rep in the last few days.

Since you have a history of complaining about the rep system as a whole, I am inclined to be less sympathetic when (and if) you lose some.

Plus, your constant concern about rep makes me wonder what it could be you're trying so hard for. It couldn't be general conversation, or contributions to the board. You don't need rep for that. It smells as though you're fishing for something.

If that is not the case, then I apologize. If it is then I have no sympathy for you or your rep concerns.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006

Click one button at the top of bottom of this page and you will know the Why/When/Who.

"USER CP"

*RESIST*
    Last edited by Storm442; 09-16-2007 at 01:59 AM.

I am just looking for a legitimate answer, not flaming. I will just ask a mod and not bother with this if this is the type of answers I will get. Just cause you have 4000 posts doesn't mean you come here more than I do. Not everyone just randomly posts so they can receive rep, which is what the system forces you to do.

I'm done with this thread.

7. Default

I am just looking for a legitimate answer, not flaming. I will just ask a mod and not bother with this if this is the type of answers I will get.
    I am a mod, but you are welcome to seek out whomever you would like to have answer your questions.

Just cause you have 4000 posts doesn't mean you come here more than I do.
    You're exactly right. But it does mean that I contribute more than you do.

And it is exactly the members that come here all the time without contributing that the rep system was designed to prevent from viewing the vids section.

If you would like, speak to Clint. The rep system was initially his idea, and he would better be able to explain the server issues and overload that prompted the system as it exists.

Not everyone just randomly posts so they can receive rep, which is what the system forces you to do.
    But for that to happen, you have to be posting for rep. If you are here to contribute, and not for your own benefit, then the system works basically as intended, and it's not an issue.
    Last edited by Noob; 09-16-2007 at 02:03 AM.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006

I am just looking for a legitimate answer, not flaming. I will just ask a mod and not bother with this if this is the type of answers I will get. Just cause you have 4000 posts doesn't mean you come here more than I do. Not everyone just randomly posts so they can receive rep, which is what the system forces you to do.

I'm done with this thread.
    Did you even read my post?
    I'll turn off my sigs so they don't distract you.

You can find out WHO negged you, WHEN they negged you, and for WHAT you posted with one click.

I didn't think it was that hard?!?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Storm442
    Did you even read my post?
    I'll turn off my sigs so they don't distract you.

You can find out WHO negged you, WHEN they negged you, and for WHAT you posted with one click.

I didn't think it was that hard?!?
    I looked at his rep, and no one negged him. The only thing I can think of is that sometimes the system takes several hours to update rep, so maybe there was a hiccup in his reputation, I'm not sure.

That, or one of the other mods could have bumped him down. But I would have no way of seeing that.

The real issue here, I suspect, is that he wants into the vids section. I see no other rationale for him to be so upset about his rep.

The irony is that 9 times out of 10 when someone complains about their rep they're usually looking to get into the vids section. There are exceptions, but they are rare.

I'm not sure what it is, maybe a grudge against what they perceive at elitism. I really don't know. It's no reflection on this guy, and I don't mean this directed at him, but some people get really bent out of shape over that.

You wouldn't believe some of the PM conversations I've had with people. Very interesting.
    Last edited by Noob; 09-16-2007 at 02:17 AM.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Noob
    I'm not sure what it is, maybe a grudge against what they perceive at elitism. I really don't know. It's no reflection on this guy, and I don't mean this directed at him, but some people get really bent out of shape over that.
    I think this quote is really telling:

Not everyone just randomly posts so they can receive rep, which is what the system forces you to do.
    He thinks you post random shit just for rep. I think that shows that the entire concept of these forums is lost on him.

jbart, Noob and I (along with a shitload of others) come here to connect with other like minded people to discuss and analyze one of our passions. We post because we feel the need to communicate, not the need for getting rep. All of the regulars around here get 50 rep easily because we are genuine with our posts. We are not posting random shit in hopes of getting rep. That goes against the spirit of this place or any forum for that matter.

Thread Information