Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just another victim - feel free to add to

Default Just another victim - feel free to add to

Victims of poor referee'ing, judging and/or circumstance:

Phil Baroni vs Evan Tanner - UFC 45

Match is stopped seemingly prematurely because of a misunderstanding between Baroni and Larry Landliss. Landliss asks Baroni if he wants out and Baroni thinks he is asking if he is ok, and Baroni answers yes. Match is stopped and Evan Tanner is declared the winner

Gray Maynard vs Rob Emerson - Ultimate Fighter 5 Finale

Emerson came into the match with a rib injury which was exacerbated by several strikes in the first round. Early in the second Maynard slams Emerson which causes Emerson to tap, but the slam itself knocked Maynard out. The match was called a "No Contest" since neither fighter could continue.

Matt Hamill vs Michael Bisping - UFC 75

It's a close contest that goes the full 3 rounds. When the judges return with a verdict, it is split but gave Bisping the win. The lone judge who thought that Hamill one gave it to him 30-27, while the two for Bisping went 29-28. Many fans contend that Hamill should have won and kept his undefeated record. Afterwards Bisping's father was accosted in the parking lot of the England arena where the event took place.
    They're your rules, it's not my fault you won't enforce them unless it's self-serving.

BJ PENN VS GSP

Victim of lack of BJJ knowledge by the judges, Penn had GSP in butterfly guard for the entire 3rd round and outstruck GSP every single round. Favoritism of takedowns >>> pure BJJ gave GSP the win, when in fact he was outgrappled and outstruck for atleast 2 out of 3 rounds.
    Last edited by Afro; 09-15-2007 at 10:31 PM.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Wand/ Hunt
    Ricco/ nog
    Ninja/Rampage
    Rutten/Randleman

Just to name a few.

Nevermind. I thought this could be a good discussion, but it's just gonna end up bein a "my favorite fighter was beaten, so it was obviously flawed" deal. Sorry. Nevermind. I'm tired, I should have known better.
    Last edited by OMNIpotus; 09-15-2007 at 10:39 PM.
    They're your rules, it's not my fault you won't enforce them unless it's self-serving.

Quote Originally Posted by OMNIpotus
    Nevermind. I thought this could be a good discussion, but it's just gonna end up bein a "my favorite fighter was beaten, so it was obviously flawed" deal. Sorry. Nevermind. I'm tired, I should have known better.
    I don't know if thats a shot at my post or Afro's but IF you watched any these fights you would have a clue as to what we are talking about.

You're right, I'm wrong. I haven't watched every single fight and that's why I was hoping to learn off this thread, but it's a bust. Thank you. You know more. Sorry. I give up. See you tomorrow. Pretzels. Night. Learned my lesson. Sleep before posting. Nite.

OMNI wtf are you talking about? i dont see anyone bashing anything you said, they just listed some fights..you dont agree with the fights and now you go off?

Diaz vs Aina

Quote Originally Posted by LookitsLance
    OMNI wtf are you talking about? i dont see anyone bashing anything you said, they just listed some fights..you dont agree with the fights and now you go off?
    Nah, just needed sleep. Just wanted more information, then figured it was just gonna turn out to be a listing like everyone is doing instead of actually explaining what happened in the fight. Not everyone has seen every fight in every federation... not everyone knows everything. Lists don't educate people or facilitate conversation other than argument. It was just a pointless venture.

Chevy vs Ford
    Tito vs Chin
    Tina vs Ike
    Optimus vs Megatron
    Hitler vs Goldstein
    Mozilla vs Microsoft
    Pinky vs Inky
    Cirrus vs Nimbus

Know what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by OMNIpotus
    Nah, just needed sleep. Just wanted more information, then figured it was just gonna turn out to be a listing like everyone is doing instead of actually explaining what happened in the fight. Not everyone has seen every fight in every federation... not everyone knows everything. Lists don't educate people or facilitate conversation other than argument. It was just a pointless venture.

Chevy vs Ford
    Tito vs Chin
    Tina vs Ike
    Optimus vs Megatron
    Hitler vs Goldstein
    Mozilla vs Microsoft
    Pinky vs Inky
    Cirrus vs Nimbus

Know what I mean?
    well maybe you should ask for an explanation or something instead of acting like an ass clown. Just stop posting now or this will get worse, I promise.
    Avy and Sig Bet record 17-9-1

-

Thread Information