Thread: When good forum members go bad: Omnipotus

He caught da vapors...

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Erotnas Steel
    He caught da vapors...

Lol.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

I actually went out of my way to rep him twice in one night. He was alright. But that last day was crazy. If he can flip like that over something that small he needs to be in therapy before he's sitting in a chicken coop posting his thought on his shirt with bird shit.
    CAUTION: This poster is prone to outbursts of unthinkable obscenities. If you encounter one of these incredible tirades, please do not provoke him further. This poster has been known to place himself, and his foes in a position to be banned. The best way to avoid such incidents would be to avoid stating anything negative about Jake Shields.

http://forums.mmanews.com/showthread.php?t=15179

I just reread this ^^^ thread to see if I missed something.

- Omni gets snotty
    - Someone calls him on it
    - Omni apologizes and says it's no big deal
    - Someone else criticizes him for complaining
    - Omni apologizes again and explains why he was disappointed and starts to have fun with the thread and the silly this vs that.
    - People continue to bitch at him about it again and again and again.

I remember now what I thought about it when I originally read the thread. I thought "enough people, I think he's got the freakin' point, you don't have to keep beating a dead horse."

Think of it this way. If you do something wrong and apologize for it, how do you start to feel if the "wronged party" keeps going on about it over and over and over? Omni didn't get personal with anyone. He didn't start swearing and calling people names. So what is the big deal?

I did see other people in that thread who were getting personal and insulting, and Omni did NOT respond in kind.

Maybe you guys have seen other threads where he was truly out of line, but I haven't seen them.

Quote Originally Posted by Boo

I just reread this ^^^ thread to see if I missed something.

- Omni gets snotty
    - Someone calls him on it
    - Omni apologizes and says it's no big deal
    - Someone else criticizes him for complaining
    - Omni apologizes again and explains why he was disappointed and starts to have fun with the thread and the silly this vs that.
    - People continue to bitch at him about it again and again and again.

I remember now what I thought about it when I originally read the thread. I thought "enough people, I think he's got the freakin' point, you don't have to keep beating a dead horse."

Think of it this way. If you do something wrong and apologize for it, how do you start to feel if the "wronged party" keeps going on about it over and over and over? Omni didn't get personal with anyone. He didn't start swearing and calling people names. So what is the big deal?

I did see other people in that thread who were getting personal and insulting, and Omni did NOT respond in kind.

Maybe you guys have seen other threads where he was truly out of line, but I haven't seen them.
    People are going to respond to posts... that is the nature of the forum, but his apologies came off as condisending and arrogant. It was more like he was appologizing for creating the thread and not for being a baby about everything.

The posters he called out weren't even openly disagreeing with him. He made such a big deal about how they created their own lists eventhough he invited everyone to do so. He was out of line (imo).

Then he made another "woe is me" thread in the site Suggestion forum about how everyone was mean to him. He needs to grow up and sprout a backbone.

Quote Originally Posted by Boo

Maybe the new rules will help. Maybe.

They were pretty much the same but weren't really enforced. I think a slight rework on the words and enforcement can take this back to a forum for discussion of MMA instead of anonymous spouting of hate.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OMNIpotus
    They were pretty much the same but weren't really enforced. I think a slight rework on the words and enforcement can take this back to a forum for discussion of MMA instead of anonymous spouting of hate.
    I liked you as a poster, and really enjoyed reading what you had to say.

You were treated a little harshly in that thread, but just a little. It's an internet forum, and people become mighty brave behind a keyboard. I would like to see you stay because I think you have much to offer, but you might give some thought to growing a thicker skin.

No forum, no matter how well-made the rules, is idiot proof. And this forum is no exception. You will be flamed at some point on this site. If you're here long enough, it will just happen. It's par for the course.

I hope you decide to stay, and that you enjoy your time here with all the inherent ups and downs. If you ever have a problems or a question, don't hesitate to send me a PM.
    Last edited by Noob; 09-28-2007 at 04:13 AM.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

You're right, my comment was an unfair oversimplification, and everything you just said is correct, Noob. It was a misunderstanding that turned into an avalanche.

what did he do

Thread Information