Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why is mac danzig on tuf?

Default why is mac danzig on tuf?

Why is Mac Danzig on tuf? He has had at least twenty five fights in other organizations like kotc and i believe pride also. He is a veteran and they throw him in with a bunch of rookies! Am I the only one that feels this way? what is the UFC trying to prove?

Danzig probably wanted on the show. There is NO better exposure vehicle out there. After TUF win or lose you are a household name to the fans.

Yeh, gotta agree there - TUF is the best exposure available in MMA today end of story. Despite Danzig being well known in KOTC, he's only ever had any major exposure on the Pride show, so i'd say that its a positive move for him. He's my pick to win it!

- Fight in small shows for another 2 years then maybe once the WW division is thinned out (Hughes to MW, Serra to LW, Karo quits, etc.) and then get a legit shot to undercard for 3 years (a la Jon Fitch) before getting any real recognition from the UFC.

or

- Go on TUF beat up a bunch of nobodies and after the the show you are a Main Card fighter for the rest of your career and put directly into the Top 10 (by UFC standards)

It's an easy decision, doesn't make it right, but an easy decision. He could have spent another 5 years fighting before getting the "national" respect he deserves. Or he could go on TUF and earn that respect in less than a year.
    CAUTION: This poster is prone to outbursts of unthinkable obscenities. If you encounter one of these incredible tirades, please do not provoke him further. This poster has been known to place himself, and his foes in a position to be banned. The best way to avoid such incidents would be to avoid stating anything negative about Jake Shields.

yeah i think that the tuf show will be a short cut for him to get his name out
    Any HW that signs with the ufc is ducking the best in the world,he goes by the name
    FEDOR

I don't question why Mac would want to be there. What I question is why they thought they could fairly put someone with that much experience in with a bunch of brand new guys that are just learning this stuff.

It makes no sense to me. Though I love that he punked Serra's friend.

Well lets see if he can win the thing, then he will be in UFC and popular and people will stop liking him here

like clint said tuf'er is great exposure.some of the better fighters from smaller orgs,or less known or seen orgs.can get on the tuf'er and win the show.and get their foot in the door of the big time.thats why mac is on the show.also it lets dana see how the guys react to bigger crowds and more money and how they handle pressure.

It is a smart enough move. Some of the fighters on TUF 1 and 2 had sweet enough records as well.

Yeah if is for sure the fastest way to get his name out there. I mean look at Fitch. He has been tearing threw the UFC for 2 years now and is just starting to get the recognition he deserves.

Thread Information