Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: matt serra.....

Default matt serra.....

i gotta say that if i was fighting i would definetly want matt in my corner.i never really cared for the guy but he gained a new fan last night.

Serra is going to be the star of TUF 4.

I couldn't agree more. What a great team mate and cornerman!

I've met Matt in person a few times, I have mean in his Huntington School. He truely is one of the most friendly people I've met. His students call him Matt, and there is alot of energy and openness there. I'm sure we will see more of these qualities throughout Tuff 4. And after seeing him on Cold Pizza with Dana Thursday morning could it be a clue as to who one of the 170lb finalists is???

yeah matt was a stand up guy..carter would not have won that fight without him... yeah for sure serra gained a fan last night!

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKtheCHAMP
    yeah matt was a stand up guy..carter would not have won that fight without him... yeah for sure serra gained a fan last night!
    Make that 3

One of the reasons I love this sport is the respect that MMA fighters have for each other. You don't see it in boxing very much. Serra lost to Shonie and is supposed to hate the guy. In his interview, Serra said that when he heard that Shonie was on the show that he would like a rematch, but when they became teammates, Bam!, he hit the other switch and became the ultimate teammate. Serra def. earned my respect.
    "I'm Winston Wolf. I solve problems."

Def a stand up teammate. Shonie should put down the goblet and thank serra for pushin him through that match.
    LJS-NEMS

ya what a standup guy....shonie definatly benifited from matt being in his corner

he showed true class and gained a fan last night

on another note, wow I was suprised that shonie won that fight, I didn't thinkhe had what it took
    -What you see is what you get with Dana," Diamond said. "He's funny, tough, witty, powerful, respectful of the sport. And he eats, sleeps and breaths the UFC. If you cut his arm, I think little octagons would fall out."-

Quote Originally Posted by BPARKER72
    i gotta say that if i was fighting i would definitely want Matt in my corner.i never really cared for the guy but he gained a new fan last night.
    I knew he would be a good coach.He has his own fight camp called Serra Jui-Jitsu.Pete Sell and Luke Cummo are both in that camp.

Matt Sera's team has a huge advantage over the other team.They have the better WW's.Shonie Carters experience,Matt Sera's Jui Jitsu and wrestling knowledge,and Chris Lytle's submission knowledge they definitely have the advantage at WW.

At MW they have an advantage as well.They were lucky enough to get Cote a good striker with a good chin and heavy hands and one of the most under rated contestants on this show Edwin Deweese.Edwin Deweese is a very good Jui Jitsu guy and will also be a good coach like figure.He helps train people at Horn's camp all the time and is a very serious threat to win this thing.The other team got Rivera ,but other than that I think Serra's team got the better fighters.

BTW I know it's not really Serra's team ,but I can't remember which team was team Mojo and which was team no love.I think Serra's team is team Mojo right?
    Last edited by killerinstinct; 08-19-2006 at 03:19 AM.

Captain America!!!
    8/9/2008 WAIT FOR IT!

Thread Information