Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Karo looked more skilled than Diego

of course he had some impressive judo throws. i got to give him that, he put up a war for diego, but in no way do i think that he would beat diego in a rematch. diego was getting thrown around because of the judo, it doesnt take a lot of strenght for karo to do that, it just looks devistating, but the truth is that a slam from matt hughes might not look as good as karo's judo throws but i can gurantee u that it does a lot more damage then that. diego was on karo like micheal jackson at a 5 year old's slumber party. he did so much more damage then karo did, but karo had decent standup and some nice throws.

id like to learn some of those throws they look so cool. makes it look like it takes a very strong guy to do that. diego just flipped so hard.

Deigo definatly earned some respect from me and I give him huge credit...i'm still not a fan of the guy, but he deserves allot of credit for last night

with that being said, what the hell was that judge thinking, 30-26 give me a break, no way did he dominate that a 30-26...29-28 across the board for deigo i thought
    -What you see is what you get with Dana," Diamond said. "He's funny, tough, witty, powerful, respectful of the sport. And he eats, sleeps and breaths the UFC. If you cut his arm, I think little octagons would fall out."-

karo looked good but dominating? give me a break you need to go and learn how to and become a judge. i think the ufc could use another judge that would show the kind of favortisim that you show. it aleays makes one of the three judges look rediculious.

Quote Originally Posted by killerinstinct
    Karo looked more skilled than Diego he just took a shot to the eye and it hurt him early on.Once he regained his composure he threw Diego around effortlessly.Diego looked like a rag doll.Diego won that fight on conditioning.If they had a rematch my money would be on Karo.
    I agree with this to an extent.

The fight was won in the last 3 minutes imo. Karo controlled the action apart from the end, and the beginning when he was hurt. All in all I'd say Diego had the better standup and conditioning, Karo had the better ground and clinch (ie the majority of the match) - it was a great fight but last impressions count for a lot I suppose.

Even though Karo gave up his back, he didn't get hurt or subbed whilst there. I know wrestlers love to hook someones back, but Judokas naturally try to avoid being on their backs, thus they are adept in such positions and that showed.

The 3rd judge should be fired - what a joke. I score it 10-10 (would be fair ) 10-9 Karo, 10-9 Sanches for a diplomatic draw and a PPV rematch.

git.

Did any of you Fucktards watch the same fight I did? Diego dominated Karo. It doesn't matter why. Karo looked out of shape and he couldn't hang with Diego, and I like Karo. Yes he had some cool throws, but nothing that made the match even close!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Annihalus
    Did any of you Fucktards watch the same fight I did? Diego dominated Karo. It doesn't matter why. Karo looked out of shape and he couldn't hang with Diego, and I like Karo. Yes he had some cool throws, but nothing that made the match even close!!!
    You articulated your view real well here. So well, in fact, that I have to agree that all people here with an opposing view are Fucktards - myself included.

Or am I?...

No!

I just have a different opinion, and feel that Diego dominated only the first and final minutes of the fight and that is was indeed a close fight. Very close.

git.

Quote Originally Posted by Annihalus
    Im with you. I think most people on this forum just dont want to admit Diego won. I dont even like Diego, I was rooting against, but there is no way I can say he didnt win that fight. He clearly won the first rd, hell he almost finished the fight in the first two minutes. The 2nd round was really close. Karo dominated the first half, Diego dominated the second half. Round three was all diego. So that makes the score 29-28 or 30-27 depending on how you saw the 2nd round. Yea throws are nice, but Karo didnt do any damage to Diego. Everyone just needs to get off Karo's bandwagon. I remember people a couple months ago thought he would beat Hughes, man how laughble is that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore
    Im with you. I think most people on this forum just dont want to admit Diego won.
    Ahh, so my view couldn't possibly be neutral? I didn't care who won whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore
    He clearly won the first rd, hell he almost finished the fight in the first two minutes.
    Bullshit. He caught him with an uppercut, then tapped him on the back of the head once or twice in the lnp. Didn't come close to subbing him.

If anything round 1 was Karo's but I guess I'd of been ostracised if I gave the fight to him. He landed WAY more hard shots, did three big takedowns (1 on Diego's head), and was far more effective on the ground.

There is *no way* that round 1 was -clearly- Diego's, or that he nearly finished the fight there. Simple as that.

Again, I suggest that you saw Diege taking Karo's back as dominance. It is where Karo wanted to be - he is a judoka , and would prefere someone to be on his back doing nothing than to be on his chest where he is less experienced.

git.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypergit

Again, I suggest that you saw Diege taking Karo's back as dominance. It is where Karo wanted to be - he is a judoka , and would prefere someone to be on his back doing nothing than to be on his chest where he is less experienced.

git.
    I have said this 1000 times in the past couple of days. Rule One when fighitng a wrestler, never give them your back. If that had been Kos, Hughes, or Sherk, the fight would have been over in the 2 minutes. Sanchez just isnt a top of the line wrestler like those three. You guys need to get over that Judo shit. It didnt work well for Hideoko(sp?) against Cro Cop and it didnt work well against Sanchez. Sure you can throw a wrestler, but if you dont know how to hold them down, it doesnt do you much. Cause guess what, wrestlers get thrown all the time. Greco-Roman wrestling is all about throws, so you know what, a judo throw isnt going to scare them. And if you dont know how to hold them down it doesnt do much.

Thread Information