Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My first BJJ match

Default My first BJJ match

This is my first BJJ match as promised, since I won I posted it. haha. Not exactly a Noob instructional video, but cut me a little slack huh? I'm the handsome one that has the goofy two colored belt used for scoring purposes.

bjj fight
    Uploaded by fonzi82
    "Speed plus mass equals destruction" - Brock Lesnar

Good top control, I thought you were gonna pull off a Kimura on him. You will notice those subs open up more & more with experience. I'm still figuring out when to go for the sub & when to hold position, but it's always safer to just hold position. Definitely heavy on top, and you owned dude's butterfly guard attempts. Congrats!
    "People say that marijuana is going to hurt my career. I say to them that on the contrary, my fight career is getting in the way of my marijuana smoking." Nick Diaz

Fav fighters: Hendo, Franklin, Shogun, Jeff Curran, Thiago Silva (future LHW champ 5/31/07), The Diaz Brothers

Congrats for the win! Good passing and top control. I´m going to my first tournament this saturday. Been sick with a flu for over a month so my cardio really sucks, must win by fast sub or i´ll probably gas. =)
    How long have you been training and what weightclass this match is at?
    Last edited by Monsterman; 09-24-2007 at 10:38 AM.
    Dixi et animam levavi

Default Come Onnnn MARKOOOO!!!

great job man....very nice control!!!......keep up the good work...very good first match!!!....cant wait to see more..
    www.fight4christmma.com ministry page crazy low prices on gear! $8 T's!

Good job buddy. You looked good, very solid balance.

I've got a tournament coming up in the next few months. I'm going to try and record it. If I can I will post it. We can start a little collection for the diehard Grappling forum regulars.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

Thanks everyone, your comments and taking the time out to watch were greatly appreciated.

Monsterman, I've been training for about 8 months (2X a week) and I fight around 235 so in most cases the heaviest weight class there is.

To everyone with tournaments coming up I wish you the best of luck and health.

Thanks again.
    "Speed plus mass equals destruction" - Brock Lesnar

C'MON MARKO! haha. i had to mute it after a while because i started getting distacted with counting. lol.

good job though man.
    2-1 sig bets.

I was waiting for a flying armbar.

Had my first bjj tournament today. I fought at -100.5kg (221 pounds) but weighted only 94kg (207 pounds) so i could have fought one weightclass lower. Also my cardio did really suck as i predicted.
    In the first match i took my opponent down, got the side mount and then mount. Then he tried to roll and left his arm open but i hesitated too much and did very sloppy armbar attempt like Lutter against Silva and ended on bottom. Almost got a gi choke even tho i never go for it even in sparring, just slipped under when i was trying to control his poster. I gave up the choke when i felt my arms starting to get tired and he wasn´t tapping even if he looked like a tomato. He then tried to return the favour but i spinned for armbar and tapped him out at 02.45 or something like that.
    We had to wait for the finals for over an hour and my body just shut down, also my opponent seemed to be more experienced and technicly better so i couldn´t really even put up a fight. We clinched and armwrestled for 2 or 3 minutes, i blocked a couple of takedowns, gave him my neck in a scramble and tapped out a half way in locked guiljotine.
    I have kind of mixed feelings about this experience, happy that i won the first match, even tho i shouldn´t have let him roll me. But the second match i pretty much lost mentaly even before it started and i should have gave my all even when i was tired.
    Now i´ll focus only on my cardio for the next few months and drop down to 88kg (194 pounds)
    Dixi et animam levavi

Default nice work!!!

any pics or video??....love to see it..
    www.fight4christmma.com ministry page crazy low prices on gear! $8 T's!

Thread Information