Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: General Training Questions (Have a Quick Question? Post It Here).

Quote Originally Posted by blackfox
    I've never done any sports my whole life, save for backyard football games. always a computer geek. but I'm tall and lanky and I have an anger problem so a friend suggested I quit watching the UFC and starting training for it. So I did. So it's been fucking hard using muscles I never use not like I'm overweight out of shape I'm not but it's still a killer fucking work out.

The athleat comment was based on watching "Born athleats" get fucking tossed around and choked almost to sleep for thinking they could "handle it" becuase they were athleats before. But like my homeslice noob said BJJ and really fighting in general is like no other workout.

Also butterbean ad butterbeans BJJ instructor both told me born athleats suck. :P
    "athlete" ... not "athleat"

just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by dudefella
    "athlete" ... not "athleat"

just sayin'

You really responded to an 11 day old thread just to pick out a typo?

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

Quote Originally Posted by Noob
    You really responded to an 11 day old thread just to pick out a typo?
    Didn't check the dates, but yep.

Quote Originally Posted by dudefella
    Didn't check the dates, but yep.

Pretty sure that was unnecessary.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

Typo aside...

the slow process continues.

Just a couple light sessions to start. Not sure about my training partner's commitment. Some simple grappling and a few regular training exercises. But at the very least it's good to be attempting to get back into shape and all.

Nice sig Noob.

Quote Originally Posted by rafesparza
    Typo aside...

the slow process continues.

Just a couple light sessions to start. Not sure about my training partner's commitment. Some simple grappling and a few regular training exercises. But at the very least it's good to be attempting to get back into shape and all.

Good to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by rafesparza
    Nice sig Noob.

Lol, I hate you.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

Quote Originally Posted by Noob
    Lol, I hate you.
    All I'm sayin is that you are a real american.

Fight for what's right.

Fight for your life.

No shame in pulling for Verra... Just didn't surprise me that Sylvia was going to waddle his way through another win.

Brock v. Slyvia anyone?

Here is one... I have been recently reading that you should take in protein before and after a workout. Soon I will be starting twice a day workouts 3 days a week. This is just because I have a hard time working in cardio during my weight workout part. ANYWAY....

Should I take in 20 grams+ of protein before and after the cardio part as well? I already do it for the weight part, I am just unsure of the cardio part.

Thanks

"Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night." -Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Tick
    Here is one... I have been recently reading that you should take in protein before and after a workout. Soon I will be starting twice a day workouts 3 days a week. This is just because I have a hard time working in cardio during my weight workout part. ANYWAY....

Should I take in 20 grams+ of protein before and after the cardio part as well? I already do it for the weight part, I am just unsure of the cardio part.

Thanks
    For cardio it's not as essential, so i would say still take in a bit of protein afterwards but don't worry about getting a ton in.

I prefer some protein with my meal beforehand. Milk, something like that. Accompanied by some complex carbs and maybe some vegetables, something clean.

Afterwards I eat a good carb, protein meal with a little bit of fat because I can get away with it. Seems to work best for me.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

Thread Information