Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gi Review Thread

Everyone at my school wears Gameness and I have yet to hear anyone complain. I've had mine for a year and it's my only one. It's still together with only one minor tear on the inside of all places. They don't shrink that much (although avoding a dryer is best) and can be dyed very effectively too.
    I also second the HCK gi if you want a starter for cheap.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ScottS
    Everyone at my school wears Gameness and I have yet to hear anyone complain. I've had mine for a year and it's my only one. It's still together with only one minor tear on the inside of all places. They don't shrink that much (although avoding a dryer is best) and can be dyed very effectively too.
    I also second the HCK gi if you want a starter for cheap.

Added. Thanks.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kimuras"R"Us
    I have only used a gameness gi in my 10 months of BJJ (the white platinum one).

I have only had to use one patch on the knee (very weird place to get a hole, I think it got caught on something). Other than that, there has been pretty much zero wear and tear on the thing. It's a tank. It IS a bit heavy, but I like that anyway as I get a better sweat / workout in when rolling. It's durable as all hell. Zero complaints.

Added. Thanks.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

i have a Bad Boy gi, had it for over a year so far, with, on average about 1-2 gi BJJ classes a week.

no holes, no tears, no problems. its comfortable, but the jacket is thick as fuck, so its a little hot while training, but other than that, i have no complaints. and you cant get much more old school MMA than rocking Bad Boy

i have no idea if its a single or double, but from what i know, all Bad Boys are tough ass material.
    Favorites
    HW: Cro Cop | Barnett | Gonzaga
    LHW: Rampage| Shogun
    MW: KANG | Sakuraba | Spider Silva | Baroni | Akiyama
    WW: Thiago Alves | GSP | Mach
    LW: Gomi | BJ Penn | Aoki | Jamie Varner reppin' AZCS | DIDA
    FW: KID

9-7 in sig/av bets

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AJL416AZ
    and you cant get much more old school MMA than rocking Bad Boy

i have no idea if its a single or double, but from what i know, all Bad Boys are tough ass material.

Actually, all Bad Boy gi's are made by Atama. So the odds are pretty good that you're wearing an Atama with Bad Boy patches.

Added the review though. Thanks.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

Here's some info some people may appreciate. It would be cool if others could contribute similar stats so we could get a good comparison going.
    I just got a Keiko for Christmas, literally, an hour ago, and I measured it to compare to my old Gameness. So, here are the measurements for two different gis. It would be interesting if someone got a new Gameness single weave A2 so that we could see how much they really shrink.
    I will also update the stats of the Keiko after I've shrunk it a little so people can see how much they can expect it to change with 10-15 minutes of low heat drying. I imagine I will eventually be getting it tailored exactly how I want so I can keep this is a competition gi.

Keiko Raca Limited Edition Kimono / Gi - White
    A2 = 5'7'' - 6'0''ft / 169 - 177cm 141 - 176lb / 65 - 80Kg

Sleeve width: 14 3/4"
    Sleeve length: 29" (taken from outside of collar to tip)
    Collar length: 77 1/2"
    Bottom width: 59"
    Pant width: 19 1/4"
    Pant length: 38 1/4"

Gameness Single Weave Gi
    A2 5'.7" - 5'.9" 140lbs - 165lbs
    One year of use, estimated total dry time of 15 minutes on low heat when new

Sleeve width: 13 3/4"
    Sleeve length: 26 3/8" (taken from outside of collar to tip)
    Collar length: 68 1/2"
    Bottom width: 57 1/2"
    Pant width: 17 3/4"
    Pant length: 35 1/4"

7. Default

^^ Updated, thanks for the contribution.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

My Krugan took a shit on me and split along one of the knees... Just got a Koral in the mail and it seems like a superior Gi...

anyone have experience with the lucky gi
    wanted to know others opinion besides saying its over priced

Thread Information