Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Gi Review Thread

thats not me dude, he has a white belt.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper View Post
    thats not me dude, he has a white belt.
    Lol, so the picture was taken in your younger days?

still not me. i look like matt damons good lookin younger brother. i'd post a pic but i don't want blah having nasty thoughts about me.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper View Post
    still not me. i look like matt damons good lookin younger brother. i'd post a pic but i don't want blah having nasty thoughts about me.
    I think you gave him enough to go on for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasedog View Post
    Anyone ever wear a Brazil Combat gi? I'm looking to order one very soon, and would like to see some reviews if I can. Also I fall right in the middle of A2 and A3. 5'10" 170 lbs. My current gi is an A3 that was a little big until I shrunk it. Brazil Combat claims their gis are pre shrunk which could be good or bad. Guess I could have it tailored if it was still too big. Any info would be appreciated.

I currently have a Gameness single weave gi. It is 8 months old, and gets used twice a week. Holding up very well, no complaints. Great value also. Was like $80 + shipping if I recall.
    I got my Brazil Combat gi and have used it once. Looks and feels great. Softer than my Gameness gi. All good so far. If anyone is considering buying one, just be aware that it takes a long time for shipping. They come from Brazil, and it took 15 business days to get to Vermont. Well worth the wait though. I'll report back when it has had more thorough use. BRAZIL COMBAT
    Here's a link for the gi I bought.

Ok review time. The piranha is pretty thick and the collar is stiff but not too stiff. It is heavy even for a single weave and tends to be hot, but I sweat like a bitch in heat anyway so it doesn't matter. Overall it's good. The customer service is good too, when I first recieved it , the gi was very long in the arms, I called the compant and they got back to me the next day and gave me all kinds of tips on how to size it. He was very nice. Good company, I will probably buy all my gear from them from now on.
    It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.

Update on my Brazil Combat Gi. At first I was really excited about the gi. Looked great, felt great..... Wore it twice, washed it like four times (it's black), and it came out of the wash with the patched coming off the sleeves. Not just the patch itself coming off, but the white piping around the patch was separating from it. Pretty irritated to say the least. I e-mailed the company and got a quick response. E-mailed some pics of the patches. They are sending me a few new ones that I'll have to get sewn on. Or they offered me 10% off my next purchase which is a fucking joke. I'll take the patches, thanks.
    -So all in all, their stitching is sub par, only a single stitch around all the patches. I feel it should be double stitched or something to reinforce it better.
    -The gi itself seems to be of good quality, but we'll see how it stands up long term.
    -Customer service is quick to respond and good to deal with, but their offer to me was mediocre at best.
    -And finally I just know I wont get the patches for at least two weeks because they are on a slow boat from Brazil.

Thread Information