+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ShamRock Vs. Ortiz II (DEATH)

Quote Originally Posted by kdude87
    Even if Shamrock gets murdered, you know that it will be a fight, and its not going to a decision, because both their blood is boiling, those two are hungry for each other and looking to beat/break something on one another.
    only thing is if Tito beats Ken its like who cares? beating a washed up fighter does nothing for him

but if Ken beats Tito does that ruin any title chance he had? does the UFC look at it as wow you cant beat Ken what makes you think you can beat Chuck?

I think a lot is riding on the line for Tito, and Ken has nothing to lose.

Ortiz pummels the holy shit out of Shamrock like last time, but I'll be routing for Shamrock. It'd be sweet to see him be able to talk the shit for a change, and Ortiz having to eat all his words from the guy he'd most hate losing to. Plus, it sets up a rematch and anytime Shamrock-Ortiz is on the bill, I'm there.

I truly don't believe these guys hate each other anymore like they claim. The first time was legit, this time it's two masters at selling a ppv.

I think they're both getting into the hype aspect more, but I think there's still bad blood. Shamrock is a prideful dude and he took an ass battering the first time. It's hard to just smile and "play into it" after that for another one, although I'll admit he is more into character for this one because he's got a weekly TV outlet to do so. But I know Ken's publicist, I've interviewed Ken himself and talked to him privately a bunch - he does not like Tito Ortiz. So while he's playing into it and maybe he doesn't hate him legitimately as much as last time, everything branches off a real dislike he has for Ortiz.

I agree with alot of what Killer is saying, Ken never had a great UFC career, at least not the career they try to paint. In fact when Ken was at his prime in the UFC, Gracie, Frye and Coleman dominated the Octagon. diasagree about Frank Shamrock, Frank is a great fighter and has far more diverse skills than Ken.

Also, someone said if you dont think Ken is that good than fight him. Thats just stupid, The second we stop talking about a fighter, good or bad, they have no career.

Who cares about this fight.. If tito wins who cares if Ken wins he can Retire from MMA.... Either way this match means nothing towards the future of the UFC... Kens washed up... Franklin beat his ass bad... and Tito truly lost to Forrest and it was bull shit so both of them as fighters right now doesnt look very promising... When Tito fight Forrest again we will see a totally different outcome... Who Really Gives a Rats ass about Tito?? He cant strike he cant take down a good strike Randy Would beat his ass all over again.. If Vitor ever got his head on again he would murder him.. Tito is just a Name.. Same as Shamrock... No One really cares what happens to these guys cause none of them will be champs again.. Tito needs to be taken out of MMA all together.... He cant fight in UFC with a chance of winning the title and Wandy would wax that ass in Pride so go join Rampage in WFA and get your ass KOed there...

Amen Revrend! I hate Tito as well, and only because of his inability to win the REAL big fights. I have watched the Tito/Forrest fight over and over and still can't believe my eyes at the end when I hear a judge has scored it 30/27. I'm sure that topic was over done long before I got here, so I won't harp on that. You are right though, if Tito wins, he needs to give Forrest a rematch, then disappear into oblivion. I know there are a lot of Tito fans because Tito used to be the only Light Heavyweight that UFC wanted to spend money on. Then, a 15 punch combonation later, Liddell became everyone's favorite. This is why I'm rooting for Shamrock, at least he can go out in style, since he's the only fighter out of the two with any class.
    "If there's a little blood, people like to see blood, it makes it interesting." - Forrest Griffin

Tito makes it easy to dislike him and doesn't have the most convincing string of recent fights, but you have to remeber that his only recent losses are to the #1 and #2 in the LHW division. Sure he wasn't convincing against Forrest (or Vitor for that matter), but he did win, and both of those opponents are tough to pin down for where they fit in the division... on a good night they could both be strong contenders.

After watching TUF3, my opinion on Shamrock and Ortiz as people has changed a bit... and I'm not sure if I like either one now.

Other than his age, I think Ken's most obvious weakness is that he is no longer growing as a fighter. His approach is to use the same old tools while adding more determination and conditioning. Compare that to Forrest, who completely reinvented himself for the Tito fight. For that reason I don't see a different outcome in this fight.

In my opinion, this fight holds no career signficance for Ken - he just wants a chance to beat the hell out of Tito, and get a payday while he's doing it.

Tito, on the other hand, is walking a tightrope back into title contention and could be completely derailed by a loss. He has everything to lose and nothing to gain but a check. He's the next most obvious match for Chuck after Babalou (Chuck will basically be rehashing folks he's already beat this year), and coming off of the TUF3 show his marketability is high once again.

I should at least be an interesting fight, and I think Ken will have more success than Gracie did against Hughes. Who knows... with a Shamrock loss maybe Gracie's next fight could be against him (just kidding).

ehem... Babalu will beat Chuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    ehem... Babalu will beat Chuck.
    Maybe... I agree that he is very deserving of the title shot, and has improved a lot over that last few years.

But... if two world class wrestlers (Tito and Randy) had so much trouble getting the current version of Chuck to the ground, I'm not sure Babalou will fare any better. Horn did the best of anyone recently, and his submissions are easily as good as Babalou's, but he ended up having to find ways to counter standing up (leg kicks) while taking a ton of punishment.

While Babalou is dangerous standing up, I can't see favoring him in a stand up fight against one of the best MMA counter-punchers in the world today.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information