+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kurt Angle to start IFL team

Default Kurt Angle to start IFL team

MMAScoops.com has learned that the talks between Kurt Angle and the IFL are considered more serious than ever.

We're told the idea is for Angle to coach one of the teams for IFL's 2008 season.

MMAScoops.com has also learned that TNA Wrestling management is under the impression that if they allow Angle to coach, that the IFL would push Angle's involvement in TNA on it television shows.

A wrestling and MMA co-promotion is in the works.

I do not think this to be a good idea, I like Pro wrestling its fun to watch as entertainment. I do not think this is a good move for a MMA orginization though, people are going to start saying MMA is fixed just like wrestling, then it will move on to steroids, and I do not believe MMA needs to have story lines, just let them fight, if Angle wants to do MMA more power to him but keep the pro wrestling out of it MMA is trying to establish its self as aserious sport this will be like walking backwards.
    Last edited by Clint; 10-24-2007 at 02:37 PM.
    Knowing is not enough we must apply

Willing is not enough we must do

][/

----------------------
    Sig Bets-0/1

The IFL is not doing well I am guessing this is a desperation move, and for them its more about money than the overall promotion of MMA. Why would they fire Frank to hire Kurt???
    You will be missed but never forgotten

Whenever you make a news thread, try to put the article in a quote and give a link to the original article. It helps keep things consistent and easy to read.

As for Angle coaching a team, that is just retarded. He better bring in some real good guys to tach striking and BJJ since he doesn't know shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint
    Whenever you make a news thread, try to put the article in a quote and give a link to the original article. It helps keep things consistent and easy to read.

As for Angle coaching a team, that is just retarded. He better bring in some real good guys to tach striking and BJJ since he doesn't know shit.

Ok I'll do the qoute thing next time, do I just put the [Quote] on both sides to do it?

I totally agree with you, you can't teach wrestling to a bunch of people, plus he one his Gold Medals over 10yrs. ago, he should just open a pro wrestling school and give up on the MMA. I just want to see him fight. They should of had Frank and him fight over who could coach the team, just to kill two birds with one stone.

][/

----------------------
    Sig Bets-0/1

Quote Originally Posted by damienmasters
    Ok I'll do the qoute thing next time, do I just put the Quote] on both sides to do it?

I totally agree with you, you can't teach wrestling to a bunch of people, plus he one his Gold Medals over 10yrs. ago, he should just open a pro wrestling school and give up on the MMA. I just want to see him fight. They should of had Frank and him fight over who could coach the team, just to kill two birds with one stone.
    Yeah you just do [quote] the article [~quote] except replace the ~ with a / (if I typed it that way it would quote instead of showing it.
    Last edited by Clint; 10-24-2007 at 03:32 PM.

[QUOTE=Clint]Yeah you just do
    the article [~quote] except replace the ~ with a / (if I typed it that way it would quote instead of showing it.

Thanks man your one cool doobie even on your Birthday, thanks man.

][/

----------------------
    Sig Bets-0/1

Quote Originally Posted by damienmasters
    MMAScoops.com has learned...
    So what is MMAScoops track record again? Don't they pretty much just make articles up? For instance I can say

MMATICK has recently learned that Brad Imes will be cutting down to lightweight to take on Sean Sherk for the title...

Does that hold as much relevance as MMAScoop?

Of course I could be getting my sites confused.

Danienmasters, I am not in any way trying to insult you, I just dont recall any actual scoops coming from mmascoops.com

"Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night." -Dave Barry

Kurt will get ktfo and anyone on his team will get ktfo. Just like Chuck said, he may be a good wrestler (greco roman) but he's never been hit before. This is the stupidest fucking idea I've ever heard. The IFL needs to die already. Turning MMA into a fucking joke is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tick
    So what is MMAScoops track record again? Don't they pretty much just make articles up? For instance I can say

MMATICK has recently learned that Brad Imes will be cutting down to lightweight to take on Sean Sherk for the title...

Does that hold as much relevance as MMAScoop?

Of course I could be getting my sites confused.

Danienmasters, I am not in any way trying to insult you, I just dont recall any actual scoops coming from mmascoops.com
    LOL, that is really funny the way you stated that good shit man, I know they sometimes have there canaries crossed with chickens, just thought it was a funny subject.

Quote Originally Posted by blackfox
    Kurt will get ktfo and anyone on his team will get ktfo. Just like Chuck said, he may be a good wrestler (greco roman) but he's never been hit before. This is the stupidest fucking idea I've ever heard. The IFL needs to die already. Turning MMA into a fucking joke is what it is.
    Thats my thoughts exactly and what I am worried about, your going to have kids watching IFL because its the only one shown before there bedtimes and get the wrong idea about true MMA, like I put they should of had Frank Shamrock fight Kurt for the coaching positiion and gotten Kurt to shut up about MMA, he just needs to go drunk driving out in the country with his pain pills and get lost, no one cares about you Kurt go away. Oh love the picture she is so damn hot.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 10-24-2007 at 04:04 PM.

][/

----------------------
    Sig Bets-0/1

Yeah I don't think MMAScoops is very reliable but I wouldn't put some shit like this past the IFL, although actually they would have to cut another coach. They only want 12 teams and thats what tehy have at the moment. So Angle would currently have to join a team as teh wrestling coach.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information