16 51.61%
  • Judges made the right call

8 25.81%
  • Just don't put your fate in the judges hands

7 22.58%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Fighter Round 3

Default Ultimate Fighter Round 3

Now I was watching the Ultimate fighter last night and thought personally it was one of the better prelimary fights in any Ultimate Fighter, I really to begin with didn't think either one of those fighters would display what they did. I really did not like the god guy at first, not because he likes god just because he seemed naturally a bit off, but I have a new respect for him as a fighter, he is not a very good listener but he put it out there. I really honestly think the fight should of went to the third round for the first time this season I agreed with Hughes. Where the hell do they find there judges they where obviously not watching the same fight as everyone else. Good job to those two for putting on an excellent fight. I would agree the first round should of went 10-9 to the religous guy, sorry I am horrible with names. Second round easily was a 9-10 round for tall guy, I think it should of went to the third. Not to be sarcastic but I guess God can't influence judges only Don King can.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 10-25-2007 at 07:13 AM.
    Knowing is not enough we must apply

Willing is not enough we must do

][/

----------------------
    Sig Bets-0/1

couldn't agree more with u man. i'm not a hughes fan but he was right about what he said about the judges. i was actually really suprised to see Dana even bashing the judges with all the controversy surrounding the UFC judging/scoring.
    Favorite Fighters: Randy, Nog , Monson, Thiago Silva,
    Rampage, Lyoto Machida, Shogun, BJ Penn, Jon Fitch, Wand, Rich Franklin, GSP, Frankie Edgar, Joe Stevenson, Houston Alexander, Cain Velasquez, Shane Carwin, Brandon Vera

"He's like a ballet of violence"--Joe Rogan on Anderson Silva

I dunno honestly I agreed with the decision.... I actually watched the fight twice and it was a good over hand right that rocked Ben but Ben was also scoring points with his kicks...and his straight left...also if you could remember he did score that take down and I remember seeing what looked like a knee or left hand that dropped Dan but it could have just been a slip....

I would have liked to see a 3rd but just because of 1 overhand right doesn't mean that Dan should have won the round....he wasn't really connecting nd i am sure it was bcuz of his fucked up right hand....even in the 1st Ben was landing kick after kick, knee after knee nd left cross after left cross.....
    2 Fav Fighters....The Truth..The Prodigy....Pacific Islander Pride Mof*kas!!!
    "This isn't f**king survivor and sh*t, "let's vote them off", you f**kin beat em' off....that didn't sound good did it?" - the UFC president Dana "beat em off" White

It should have gone to the third round.

A knockdown almost always gaurantees you the round in the 10-point must system. Dan won the first round.

Ben clearly won the second round, but it definitely was not a 10-8 situation. In a 10-8 situation, the losing fighter is close to being finished. That was never the case in the second round.

I would have liked to see round three. but honestly, based on round 2, dan was done anyway. I don't think he'd have gotten anywhere near making the whole last round

WTF was that? They finally get a good fight and still manage to screw it up. There's no way Dan didn't win that first round. It was a joke. Everyone knew it, even Dana.

It probably should have gone to a third round but Dan DID want to quit in the second round and therefore could see it going 10-8, the first round IMO was debatable so I can definately see it having a definative winner after 2 rounds

IMO what they should do in good fights is:

even if Ben wins round 1 + 2 but they are close, HAVE A 3RD round, then just judge it accordingly, you give Dan a chance for a sub or KO and if he doesn't pull it off then give the decision to Ben, if Dan wins the round decisively then make the 3rd round mean more and use your judgement as to who won

although I did agree with the decision, the judging has been awful lately and in dire need for a revamp

Dan didn't want to quit. Herb asked him if he could see and he said no. Herb started to wave the fight off and Dan stopped him. He was having trouble seeing because of the blood in his eyes and it was hurting him big time, but there's no way he ever wanted to quit.

I must have misinterpreted him running the 100m in the cage

Quote Originally Posted by thumper
    I would have liked to see round three. but honestly, based on round 2, dan was done anyway. I don't think he'd have gotten anywhere near making the whole last round
    i definately agree. after round 2 when i thought for sure that we were gonna see a third, just based on the reaction of dana and the coaches, all i was thinkin was that dan is gonna get tko'd. i thnk there is a good chance he would have been finished in the third.

Thread Information