Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Techniques?

There's a video of Eddie bravo doing that too. I think on his new dvd preview. That's also sort of the position for the monoplata. I'll add it to the list of things to try out.
    Last edited by unquiet; 11-10-2007 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by unquiet
    There's a video of Eddie bravo doing that too. I think on his new dvd preview. That's also sort of the position for the monoplata. I'll add it to the list of things to try out.
    Yeah I seen it on the Eddie Bravo instructional too. I think he's pushing the envelope more than anybody on techniques right now... some of the stuff I find risky in MMA or self defense situations. But I love watching anything from BJJ experts.
    "People say that marijuana is going to hurt my career. I say to them that on the contrary, my fight career is getting in the way of my marijuana smoking." Nick Diaz

Fav fighters: Hendo, Franklin, Shogun, Jeff Curran, Thiago Silva (future LHW champ 5/31/07), The Diaz Brothers

BJJ Boy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Noob
    I am stealing these pictures from another forum, but I did come up with this technique independently.

A training partner and I were messing around before class, talking about the gogoplata and kind of poking fun at it. I had the absurd idea to try it from the mounted position.

It seemed retarded at the time, and though maybe technically valid it was just too strange to consider. And then one random day a few weeks or months after that, I was rolling with a new student and almost literally fell right into it. Messed around with the setup for it, and came to actually like it.

I came across someone else who had posted the idea just a few weeks ago, and was like "hey fucker, you stole my idea." Either way, he has pictures and I don't, so I will use them.

My most successful entry for this is when I am working to pin their left arm to the mat. Either to get a triangle, or work toward the Scrima Side Control.

When they fight this, they usually try to keep their arm away from the mat, this puts you in perfect position for the first picture. Hugging the arm to your hip, instead of pinning it. Then the rest is self explanatory.

The beautiful part about this move is that you can do a gogoplata without having to be insanely flexible. You can be stiff as a cardboard box and still pull this off reasonably well.

I call it the "Noob-o-plata." (Not really).

Thanks bro! I went to a huge tournament yesterday, i came first place, but this one guy almost tapped me, he was allot bigger then me and he had a cross collar choke on me and i was mount, then i put my foot on his neck like in the pictures and i tapped him out.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ Boy
    Thanks bro! I went to a huge tournament yesterday, i came first place, but this one guy almost tapped me, he was allot bigger then me and he had a cross collar choke on me and i was mount, then i put my foot on his neck like in the pictures and i tapped him out.

Lol. The Noob-o-plata strikes again.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

what was it called?
    How many matches did you have? What time did it start?

BJJ Boy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ozzy2525
    what was it called?
    How many matches did you have? What time did it start?

Dont you hate it when people dont answer you?
    Last edited by BJJ Boy; 11-11-2007 at 09:42 PM.

I am stealing these pictures from another forum, but I did come up with this technique independently.

A training partner and I were messing around before class, talking about the gogoplata and kind of poking fun at it. I had the absurd idea to try it from the mounted position.

It seemed retarded at the time, and though maybe technically valid it was just too strange to consider. And then one random day a few weeks or months after that, I was rolling with a new student and almost literally fell right into it. Messed around with the setup for it, and came to actually like it.

I came across someone else who had posted the idea just a few weeks ago, and was like "hey fucker, you stole my idea." Either way, he has pictures and I don't, so I will use them.

My most successful entry for this is when I am working to pin their left arm to the mat. Either to get a triangle, or work toward the Scrima Side Control.

When they fight this, they usually try to keep their arm away from the mat, this puts you in perfect position for the first picture. Hugging the arm to your hip, instead of pinning it. Then the rest is self explanatory.

The beautiful part about this move is that you can do a gogoplata without having to be insanely flexible. You can be stiff as a cardboard box and still pull this off reasonably well.

I call it the "Noob-o-plata." (Not really).

Yeah I actually tried this yesterday and its not too bad to set up, just getting it to work is another story.

I also like falling on my back and turning it into a gogo.

You're so full of shit... You are the biggest poser here...

I too am detecting the distinct aroma of exaggeration.

I too am detecting the distinct aroma of exaggeration.
    What tipped you off? Calling a Gogoplata "putting my foot on someon'e throat like in the pictures"... you would think someone who would win a "big tournament" would know what a Gogoplata is called... and you would think the "big tournament" would have a name like the "US Open"...

also who almost get's tapped by a cross colar choke when they have top mount. ALl you have to do is look up at the ceiling and break the grips, or get one hand inbetween the grips and put it behind your head.... It's not even a hard move to defend when someone has mount on you.

Also, you would think you wern't fighting opponents who are "allot bigger" then you since you are fighting in a sport with weight classes.

Thread Information