Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Thing in your game

Default Best Thing in your game

So guys what is the best thing in your game, the thing that you can go to whenever you want, or just the best part of your game.

Do you have a sick guard, or can you pass the guard like no other, can you armbar any gy from anywhere?
    For me at least i can get mount Vs anyone my size from side contorl, and in Gi I can Armbar anyone my size from mount.

2. Default

I have a solid guard. Not impossible to pass, but average I guess. I utilize grapevines well, and have a good elevator sweep/kimura combo. I am okay at taking the back. My armbars suck.

My guard is definitely the best part of my game. Other than that, the Salaverry position is my other biggest strength. I have a lot of offense from that position.
    Last edited by Noob; 10-27-2007 at 01:55 AM.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

I have a tight guard (I used to be able to make guys tap just by tightening my guard) and powerful legs, so any submission that allows me to utilize my legs will usually be tight as hell. However my bottom game is horrible! The one thing I'm really good at is leglocks, more specifically: the achilles lock. It seems like I can catch anybody with that and get the tap with little to no effort.
    I'm really not comfortable on my back though and I hate to play guard.

Favourite Fighters: Fedor, Sakurai, Aoki, Sakuraba, Cotoure, Kang, Big Nog, GSP, Sudo

Quote Originally Posted by Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
    I don’t talk crap about nobody until after I whoop their ass except in some cases if they have bad breath or they ugly as hell.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ufobydeath
    I'm really not comfortable on my back though and I hate to play guard.

I am the total opposite of this, as I am very uncomfortable in someone's guard, but feel completely at home on my back. I would rather start in guard than be in someone else's guard.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

Quote Originally Posted by Noob
    I am the total opposite of this, as I am very uncomfortable in someone's guard, but feel completely at home on my back. I would rather start in guard than be in someone else's guard.
    Yeah, I can see your point with that as the guard is a very controlled position. Still, being in someone's guard isn't that bad for me, mainly because I'm good at leglocks and countering armbars and triangles from the guard.

Favourite Fighters: Fedor, Sakurai, Aoki, Sakuraba, Cotoure, Kang, Big Nog, GSP, Sudo

Quote Originally Posted by Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
    I don’t talk crap about nobody until after I whoop their ass except in some cases if they have bad breath or they ugly as hell.

Takedown Denfense!

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Palma
    Takedown Denfense!

Lol, surprise surprise.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

Quote Originally Posted by Noob
    Lol, surprise surprise.
    Actually, the one real BJJ thing I have been getting almost everytime are a couple different sweeps from Spider Guard... I love me some Spider Guard...

I am extremely comfortable with my guard.....flower sweeps all day long and I love the triangle.....I hit it from mount probably about 75% when I set it up well.....

Id love to get the leglock game into my arsenal!!!......love em...just dont drill them as I should....
    www.fight4christmma.com ministry page crazy low prices on gear! $8 T's!

I've personally been told by the people I train with (blue belts, head instructor, etc) that my guard is nasty.....so I guess that's the best thing in my game. I'm just really good at working submissions and re-gaining the guard if they fail.

Who wants cream? Nobody? Ok, no cream.

Thread Information