Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Thing in your game

Everyone I roll with regardless of rank or size say I'm explosive as hell. I just have really powerful hips which help a ton in sweeps and also getting out of a bad situations. That and my balance / control while in a dominant position is really good.

I used to be terrible off my back but have worked almost 90% on that in the last couple months, and it's coming along rather nicely.
    "Speed plus mass equals destruction" - Brock Lesnar

My rubber guard is feeling better & better after every training session, and is becoming my biggest strength. People just aren't comfortable when you have that leg pulling behind their neck, and it's so easy to transition to subs from rubber guard. My top game is strong, i'm only 165 but my instructors tell me I feel 220 when i'm rolling, and i'm strong at taking the back.

I'm still not as comfortable as i'd like to be subbing from (or being held in) full guard, mainly I just control posture & set up the rubber guard. I'm too hesitant to open my legs and hips to try and pull subs from full guard. I'll be working on that extensively though. And i'm still not strong enough at going from half-guard to full guard as i'd like to be, I mainly look for sweeps or start a scramble from half guard.
    "People say that marijuana is going to hurt my career. I say to them that on the contrary, my fight career is getting in the way of my marijuana smoking." Nick Diaz

Fav fighters: Hendo, Franklin, Shogun, Jeff Curran, Thiago Silva (future LHW champ 5/31/07), The Diaz Brothers

I love triangles. It's the first thing I look for from gaurd, one of the top five I go to from mount and side control. I also like doing a cross-over sweep/ kimura combo. If that arm posts out I've gotten pretty quick at snatchin it up.
    "The battle is won or lost far away from witnesses--behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights."
    -Ali

I work best from side. I'm physically strong and can get a lot of kimuras and americana's. One of my favorite setups is side, to kasagatame, to north/south, into kimura. Also knee on belly, to mount, or to arm bar if they give it. Im getting pretty good at heel hooks also. Always get them in transition.

Sense I trained in just Normal JJ I am great with arm drags and Leg drags... My chokes rock once I get my hooks into you too. I guess I have been told my hooks are crazy.

probably speed and mobility are my biggest assets. I get a lot of mileage out of taking peoples' backs

I've also been told my grip is strong and I'm generally hard to finish

Quote Originally Posted by Ubermensch
    Sense I trained in just Normal JJ I am great with arm drags and Leg drags... My chokes rock once I get my hooks into you too. I guess I have been told my hooks are crazy.
    I've also got the majority of my experience in classic JJ and wrestling, so I'd say throws and arm triangles would be my best game. I've got really powerful legs which allow me to posture myself or opponent into high enough position in order to get the arms locked in. Its funny though as having wrestled since Middle school, I get swept pretty easily. I'm too aggressive when working offense.
    CAUTION: This poster is prone to outbursts of unthinkable obscenities. If you encounter one of these incredible tirades, please do not provoke him further. This poster has been known to place himself, and his foes in a position to be banned. The best way to avoid such incidents would be to avoid stating anything negative about Jake Shields.

Bullock Guest

I have really good endurance. When I am rolling, or sparring I can go for a long time, and it's the same with jogging. I can't go that fast, lol, but I can go for a while. And I can take a decent punch. I have been sucker punched a few times and I never really felt it until the next day and my jaw hurt.
    Last edited by Bullock; 11-05-2007 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sundance Kid
    I pretty much suck all around. But I'm sure If I stick with it I will someday have a stregth.
    Just acknowledge what you need work on and stick with it, you'll be fine.
    "People say that marijuana is going to hurt my career. I say to them that on the contrary, my fight career is getting in the way of my marijuana smoking." Nick Diaz

Fav fighters: Hendo, Franklin, Shogun, Jeff Curran, Thiago Silva (future LHW champ 5/31/07), The Diaz Brothers

NorthSouth.

Thread Information