Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Earning rep

Default Earning rep

Ok, so now that the rep requirements have changed it's clear that I need to get more active if I want to enjoy some of the other things this forum has to offer.

My question is this...what does it take to earn rep? What I mean is I've seen plenty of examples of things that people get rep'd for, but what do each of you look for in a post that motivates you to rep someone.

I ask this not because I'm looking for a quick way to get more rep, but because I want to do more to contribute to the forum. I've been around for a little while now and really enjoy the interaction here. I've tried to put my two cents in whenever I thought I had something worth saying, but for the most part I kind of keep to myself and just enjoy reading what everyone else has to say. Plus, it always seems that when I come across a post that interests me someone has usually already said what I was going to say.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

BJJ Boy Guest

Its hard, because theirs no video section for us lower reps, usually you get tons of rep for sharing videos.

Also, every time their news, like Dana has an announcement some one has always alreayd posted it.

Coming to the last way of getting rep, being funny.

Being funny...yeah I'd have to say I've seen some pretty funny things on this forum.
    Last edited by Hdrs; 10-30-2007 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hdrs
    Being funny...yeah I'd have to say I've seen some pretty funny things on this forum.

How about this? I found this picture on another site. Can't really explain why, but I laughed my ass off when I first saw it.

Attachment 135

Sorry if there's any cat lovers here...

Actually the proper way to earn rep is to engage in good discussions with valid points, posting news (that hasn't already been posted), posting videos in the video section, helping out however you can.

Naturally being funny will get you noticed faster, which will lead to getting a higher rep faster but getting involved will get you the rep as well. The key however is being a good member (you have enough rep that you probably already know this) many people I have told that you have to get involved so they have made 10,000 threads ranging from pointless to just plain stupid and unreadable. You can't just post anything and get rep but like I said since you already have a fairly high rep, I figure you probably understand this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sundance Kid
    Falacio seems to work.
    I'm sure it does. However, fellatio is just one of those areas where I'm more comfortable being a taker than a giver.

I'll keep it in mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Hdrs
    I'm sure it does. However, fellatio is just one of those areas where I'm more comfortable being a taker than a giver.

I'll keep it in mind...

Well, with a closed mind like it's a wonder you have any rep at all, lol.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

i just rep good posts,or threads that are of interest to me.and sometimes stuff that makes you laugh

this has to be threaded every so often, sigh, anyway I think the best way to get rep'd is to think out side the box. Maybe think of both sides of a story not just your own opinion, and always be respectful I guess. R E S P E C T, sock it to me sock it to me

And using the search feature for most of the questions asked everywhere would free up a lot of everyones time as well, which thanks to Noob, usually gets an answer from regardless

Thanks for the advice.

Rep seems to be a tricky thing to maintain. Looks like you have to be careful...

heh heh! first cat post muthafuckas!!!

Thread Information