+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baroni suspension reduced!

Default Baroni suspension reduced!

This was on the Sherdog site:

Phil Baroni (Pictures), who tested positive for boldenone and stanozolol metabolites following his submission defeat to Frank Shamrock (Pictures) on June 22 in San Jose, has had his suspension reduced from one year to six months, the California State Athletic Commission ruled on Wednesday afternoon.

The suspension will run retroactive from June 22, making Baroni, 31, eligible to return in December. The New Yorker's fine of $2500 was upheld.

The CSAC shot down two motions: one to upload the year-long suspension and the other to lift all sanctions. The third and final motion had three votes in favor, two against and one tally for an extension.
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=9742

Here's a video of Baroni explaining:

http://www.sherdog.com/videos/videos.asp?v_id=1318
    Last edited by form-guy; 11-01-2007 at 06:31 PM.

stop spamming the sherdog site noob, wtf is wrong with u dun bring that trash here.

Just playing, joking around with u dun get mad. I wonder what their sources are hmmmmm....culd it be.... TAGG RADIO

that's a good ruling for him, 1 year down to 6 months? big difference. very nice

I'm interested to know what the difference between Baroni's case and Franca's is bc Franca admitted that he did it apologized and asked for a reduced sentence but was not given one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sundance Kid

And the cat that tested for roids, coke, and weed?

Smith.?
    Yes his name was Adam Smith, i have'nt seen anything else on him yet, but i'm guessing they won't go too easy on him.

Who cares?

It's Phil Baroni.

Quote Originally Posted by Severn
    Who cares?

It's Phil Baroni.
    Severn, you bring up an excellent point. one of my best friends is a big baroni fan and he'll prolly be quite pleased when he hears this news. a year sounded good to me but 6 months is fine too. whatever. like severn said, its phil baroni.

This really sucks, people usually only fight once every 3 or 4 months so he basicly lost a couple of moths out of competion. It´s like giving a greenlight for everyone to use roids. It should be at least a year, maby even two for the first time and life for the second.
    Last edited by Monsterman; 11-01-2007 at 06:12 AM.
    Dixi et animam levavi

Quote Originally Posted by blah
    that's a good ruling for him, 1 year down to 6 months? big difference. very nice
    your sig just made me throw up in my mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus
    Severn, you bring up an excellent point. one of my best friends is a big baroni fan and he'll prolly be quite pleased when he hears this news. a year sounded good to me but 6 months is fine too. whatever. like severn said, its phil baroni.
    are u jealous of phil baroni and his nice body or somthing phil is the fing man

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information