Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bushido? what did you think.

ronin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MMAPIMP
    it a bold statement because most "pride TOP guys" couldnt cut it in the ufc

Dan Henderson looked gassed after 5 mintues Kazuo Misaki has a ROCK chin Henderson hit him with some wicked stuff.

I watched the Japanese version I haven't seen the FSN version.

Also Henderson, Bustamante ,Josh Barnett, Phil Baroni and all the others leave because pride pays them alot more than UFC.
    Josh Barnett said it himself I got paid more with 1 fight in pride than all my fights with the UFC, so if you a fighter where are you gonna fight?

Stop saying stupid things like they couldn't cut it in the UFC.

The only reason the top UFC guys look great is because they keep putting chumps up against them Liddell vs. Sobral come on lets see Liddell fight someone who can take a punch and counterpunch like Quinton Jackson who fit those 2 criteria and destroyed Liddell, I wonder how Dana White felt when seeing his top striker crushed right before his eyes.
    Dana White will never put a good striker against Liddell until a young star like Griffin is ready to carry the belt.

Also loook at Wanderlei Silva's 2 losses in the UFC
    lost to Vitor Belfort in 1998 when Vitor was a machine
    Lost to Tito Ortiz in a boring grapple match
    Last edited by ronin; 08-29-2006 at 08:14 AM.

matto Guest

they just get paid more so they left. the ufc cannot afford to buy out all the top fighters. they both have their share of excellent top notch fighters.

and u think griffen will ever beat liddell or even become as successful as he is?
    ROFL

ronin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by matto
    they just get paid more so they left. the ufc cannot afford to buy out all the top fighters. they both have their share of excellent top notch fighters.

and u think griffen will ever beat liddell or even become as successful as he is?
    ROFL

I Believe griffen can Liddell is not unbeatable and Forrest has a good chin, love too see how good it is against Liddell
    Is Forrest a Contender or just a Pretender???

matto Guest

if he fought liddell any time soon he would get ko'ed so bad. but give him a couple of years and who knows. but as of now or even in like 6 months he cant contend with chuck.

got to see the replay a couple of days ago, good stuff, alot of good fights and fighters

Pride Pays The Same If You Think About It They Just Dont Get Taxed On It So It Seems Likethey Payin More

YOU ARGUE ABOUT MMA WITH MMAPIMP YOU LOSE!!!!,YOU LOSE!!!!

I have a inflamed vagina after this post.

IM STARTING THE NATE "THE GREAT" MARQUARDT WAGON--SO WHO WANTS TO JUMP ON?

Psalm 144:1 - Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

There are taxes in Japan jackass. Man you never cease to amaze me pimp, are you really that ignorant or is this all an act? Keep up the good work PLAYA.

Quote Originally Posted by MMAPIMP
    Pride Pays The Same If You Think About It They Just Dont Get Taxed On It So It Seems Likethey Payin More
    So in Barnett's 19 or so fights in the UFC he made more in 1 fight in PRIDE because he was able to avoid taxes????? Yeah that makes sense...

Those damn taxes, I know when my direct deposit goes into my bank account every 2 weeks I look at what I have made and it is always in the negative becasue of those damn taxes so I actually lose money every 2 weeks and pay my mortgage, car, credit cards and all of my other bills with my monopoly money.

You must be very very young... Las vegas state tax is at a rate of 7.25%, that will not equate to making less money in 19 UFC fights over 1 Pride fight. He was probably making $15,000-$20,000 in UFC and went to Pride and they pay him $200-$250,000 per fight.

I would say "fuck you" to UFC as well and join Pride and it's stacked HW division as ALL fighters are in it for the money and MOST fighters want to be tested by fighting the best fighters in the world. Franklin is an exception or he would've stayed at LHW to fight Chuck so he obviouly knows it would not turn out so good for him and he can drop to MW and hold onto a belt for a long time (which he has) until a stiker is brought in (which has finally happened now with Silva so Franklin's days MIGHT be numbered).

Thread Information