Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EliteXC President Gary Shaw Wants To Promote Ken/Frank Shamrock Match

Lightbulb EliteXC President Gary Shaw Wants To Promote Ken/Frank Shamrock Match

EliteXC Live Events President Gary Shaw confirmed this week he has held preliminary discussions about promoting a potential megafight between brothers Frank and Ken Shamrock within EliteXC. The two adopted brothers have expressed a willingness to fight one another in the past.

“I talked to my team about it,” Shaw said. “I would love to do brother versus brother. It would be a great promotion.”

Frank Shamrock (22-8-1), a former UFC middleweight champion and King of Pancrase, submitted Phil Baroni with a rear-naked choke June 22 to win the vacant Strikeforce middleweight crown. He has won 11 of his last 12 fights, the lone setback a disqualification loss to Renzo Gracie last February. The soon-to-be 35-year-old holds victories over Bas Rutten, former UFC light heavyweight king Tito Ortiz and veteran Jeremy Horn.

Ken Shamrock (26-12-2), meanwhile, has not competed since losing to Ortiz by first-round TKO last October. What’s more, the 44-year-old has not won a fight since June 2004 and has lost six of his past seven bouts. He owns wins over former UFC heavyweight champion Maurice Smith, Dan Severn and Rutten.
    http://www.thefightnetwork.com/news_detail.php?nid=5277

Mm-kay.

Wonder if this is really going to happen. Despite their recent track records, I still say Ken takes him.
    3-4 in sig bets. FUCK me.

TriangleChoke Guest

although i highly doubt this fight will ever happen, i'd be lying if i said i wasnt interested in it. Ken's bigger than frank, but I'd laugh my ass off if frank ko'd him...

The Shamrocks parents must be sooooo proud! Fighting your brother damn thats cold. Id rather see the Klichkos fight but this will do.

They're not really brothers. They're both adopted and they are 9 years apart so probably not much bonding ever occured. They don't live together, they don't talk to each other, they don't like one another. The only reason this fight is promoted as brother vs. brother is for publicity.

I say Frank takes it if it happens. Ken is too old, too slow, too stiff, no matter how much bigger he is.

Yeah Frank has won 11 of his last 12, but only 3 of those wins are since 2000. His last big win was at UFC 22, which was in 1999. Of course, Ken's last big win was at UFC 6. I was never a fan of the Shamrocks that much, and definitely dont want to see them fight at this stage that much.
    Consistency is the defense of a small mind

Cool

Im embarrassed to say that i want to see this fight...lol.

Thread title was a bit misleading.

i think Frank would beat up Ken

Quote Originally Posted by jlruthven84
    Mm-kay.

Wonder if this is really going to happen. Despite their recent track records, I still say Ken takes him.
    I think you're crazy man, Frank still has fight left in him but Ken is completely done... Frank by 1st round Tko

Thread Information