+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chuck vs. Wandy Off But Chuck-Tito On

tito wont be able to take chuck down. tito seem more interested in being popular and getting paid more then anything. once tito gets ko'ed again there wont be anybody in the ufc lhw to contend with chuck, even thought i dont even consiter tito as a contender anyways. it would be sweet to see like a wand,shogun,cro cop,or fedor come to the ufc and they would have a great chance aginst chuck. cro cop would ko chuck with a head kick, and wand and shogun fight very similar and might have a chance and fedor would just waste chuck.

Quote Originally Posted by matto
    cro cop would ko chuck with a head kick, and wand and shogun fight very similar and might have a chance and fedor would just waste chuck.
    I think Big Nog would rape Chuck as well, he would stand and bang for a little bit and then once he took the fight to the ground, even from his back I think he would absolutely own Chuck and Big Nog can't be KO'ed (i'm sure he can but no one has done so as of yet and he has faced fedor and Cro Cop) so that would be a nightmare match for Chuck.

It just seems like Pride has the Iron chin world class fighters, UFC has a few of them but Pride has a plethora of them. I hope UFC can make some nice pickups pretty soon for that LHW division as I really have no interest in watching Forrest fight Chuck.

big difference between cro cop and liddell. both excellent strikers, but cro cop doesnt have nearley the takedown defence as chuck does. that is why he is so much more successul then crocop. who knows maybe crocop is a better striker and could beat chuck. but when facing a ground fighter chuck does way better then cro cop does.

They didnt say it was off, I heard them talking about it a couple times at ufc 62

Default Another title defense for the ICEMAN!

The only way Chuck loses is if he comes hungover to the arena from the night before, lol!

Default Duh!

Duh, if Chuck fought Big Nog or Fedor he would lose! Spot em 40 pounds, of course they are gonna win. Not to mention they are the top two fighters of any weight class in the world, followed closely by Wanderlei, Chuck, and Hughes. I don't think Pride has that much more talent, except noticably in the HW division, which is horrendous in the UFC. Look at the WW division. Hughes, GSP, Penn, Karo, Sanchez, that division is loaded. Now that Rampage left Pride the LHW division is pretty equal, slightly favoring Pride. Coutore retiring hurt the UFC, but he had nothing really left to accomplish. I could see Vitor coming back the the UFC at some point for a rematch with Chuck, probably after Tito and Griffin.

i will be livid if the wandy/lidell fight is off!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soul_Edge
    Now that Rampage left Pride the LHW division is pretty equal, slightly favoring Pride.
    Equal? Hardly...

PRIDE
    1) Silva
    2) Shogun
    3) Arona
    4) Little Nog
    5) Igor
    6) Overeem
    7) Nakamura
    8) Randleman

UFC
    1) Chuck
    2) Babalu
    3) Tito

Not very even IMO as no one else in the LHW division would have even the slightest chance at beating any of those 8 Pride fighters.

Also Big Nog is only 231lbs and Chuck is 205lbs so only a 26 lb difference and not 40lbs. Fedor vs Chuck is only a 28lb difference which is proabably accurate but the Big Nog vs Chuck weight difference come fight time is only around 12 pounds as Chuck comes into his fights at 220lbs and not 205.

Certainly still a weight difference but nowhere near 40lbs as you stated and 12 lbs is not very much of a difference as that is what any LHW fighting Chuck or Tito must face as well as any fighter fighting Franklin, Hughes or GSP as they all come in heavy.

I Wanna see Tito vs Randleman
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    I Wanna see Tito vs Randleman
    I agree, I have been thinking of that fight for a while now, would love to see it. Could Tito defeat the Monster? Strength=Randleman, Wrestling=pretty even, qucikness=slight edge to Tito, standup=Randleman as Tito does not have KO power, ground game from the back=they would both be in trouble.

it would be a great fight IMO.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information