Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dirty Jiu Jitsu

Default Dirty Jiu Jitsu

I've been doing cross training with my buddy who's in the Police Academy, and they teach those guys some dirty ass tactics. I don't learn these things in BJJ class obviously, because BJJ is a clean sport. But I love learning these techniques and moves from the Academies Self Defense/Physical Training classes because they'd work great in a life or death environment.

Anybody else get into "Dirty" Jiu Jitsu? There's a lot of ignorant people in this world, and it's nice to know some dirty tactics if one of those idiots were to pick you to attack/rob/whatever.
    "People say that marijuana is going to hurt my career. I say to them that on the contrary, my fight career is getting in the way of my marijuana smoking." Nick Diaz

Fav fighters: Hendo, Franklin, Shogun, Jeff Curran, Thiago Silva (future LHW champ 5/31/07), The Diaz Brothers

There are always the main standby's of dirty fighting that always apply and don't require much instruction. Fish-hooking, eye gouging, groin shots, biting, etc.

But aside from that, I wouldn't turn down an opportunity to learn some 'dirty JJ' if given the chance.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

Is anybody else familiar with the method of pinching your knees together as you pop your hips up while someone is in your guard? If you hit it right on their bottom rib it hurts like a bitch. And if you can underhook your own legs behind his back you can do the same thing, but it's a lot tighter.

If I was in a bjj tournament I wouldn't do this, but I would in an MMA fight.
    "The battle is won or lost far away from witnesses--behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights."
    -Ali

What is dirty JuJitsu? Are there any specific BJJ moves that are not allowed in the UFC or other competition, that are just taught for self defense?

If so, what are they?

http://forums.mmanews.com/showthread...irty+jiu+jitsu

hope that helps, its a thread made awhile back about it

What it is is basically traditional, Japanese Jiu-jitsu which is basically BJJ + whatever you need to win the fight. Problem is that some schools (like the one I went to at one point) take out grappling thinking that it isn't effective (morons) and put too much focus on traditional techniques that don't work.

Favourite Fighters: Fedor, Sakurai, Aoki, Sakuraba, Cotoure, Kang, Big Nog, GSP, Sudo

Quote Originally Posted by Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
    I don’t talk crap about nobody until after I whoop their ass except in some cases if they have bad breath or they ugly as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by ufobydeath
    What it is is basically traditional, Japanese Jiu-jitsu which is basically BJJ + whatever you need to win the fight. Problem is that some schools (like the one I went to at one point) take out grappling thinking that it isn't effective (morons) and put too much focus on traditional techniques that don't work.
    Huh? Jujitsu without grappling? What are the traditional techniques that don't work?

Your talking to a person that hasn't trained yet.

Quote Originally Posted by harlemhustla145
    Huh? Jujitsu without grappling? What are the traditional techniques that don't work?

Your talking to a person that hasn't trained yet.
    Well... technically there's grappling but it's more along the lines of "You grab my lapelle and I'll kick you in the balls while twisting your arm making you fall down and then lock on a hammerlock". Doesn't really work that well compared to BJJ, CACC or SW methods. The reason I took up BJJ instead was that they took out the grappling claiming that it sucked, and grappling was the thing that got me into martial arts!

Sum it up: Traditional Ju-jitsu is nice for all of the dirty tricks you learn but for every good move there's an equally bad :\

Favourite Fighters: Fedor, Sakurai, Aoki, Sakuraba, Cotoure, Kang, Big Nog, GSP, Sudo

I don’t talk crap about nobody until after I whoop their ass except in some cases if they have bad breath or they ugly as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by ufobydeath
    Well... technically there's grappling but it's more along the lines of "You grab my lapelle and I'll kick you in the balls while twisting your arm making you fall down and then lock on a hammerlock". Doesn't really work that well compared to BJJ, CACC or SW methods. The reason I took up BJJ instead was that they took out the grappling claiming that it sucked, and grappling was the thing that got me into martial arts!

Sum it up: Traditional Ju-jitsu is nice for all of the dirty tricks you learn but for every good move there's an equally bad :\
    I thought traditional JuJitsu was grappling also? Maybe that perticular schools teachers were retards. I know traditional JuJitsu also grappled as well I saw a film of the origions.

Quote Originally Posted by harlemhustla145
    I thought traditional JuJitsu was grappling also? Maybe that perticular schools teachers were retards. I know traditional JuJitsu also grappled as well I saw a film of the origions.
    I thought that too until I actually got there... me and an old buddy were essentially the only guys actually interested in grappling whilst all of the others were just there for the work out (and to learn suspect techniques to boost their confidence a la McDojo) so they probably chose to take out the grappling in our school because of that. Traditional ju-jitsu grappling was more battlefield oriented so it's kind of different from modern BJJ (I have never had to use the many sword-disarming techniques that I had to learn at the traditional) which is more "take him to the ground, position and sub him". I'd probably sum it up like this: Trad Ju-jiutsu is kind of like Aikido without all of the goofy shit and the magic tricks + with some "battle submissions", dated techniques and dirty tactics (fish-hooking, eyegouging, hairpulling, ballbusting and so forth).

... and yes they were retards. I've since learned that they teach Krav Maga instead :\

Thread Information