Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official 'Where Do You Train?' Thread

CinciBJJ... and got a group of buddies that I train with mostly now.
    "People say that marijuana is going to hurt my career. I say to them that on the contrary, my fight career is getting in the way of my marijuana smoking." Nick Diaz

Fav fighters: Hendo, Franklin, Shogun, Jeff Curran, Thiago Silva (future LHW champ 5/31/07), The Diaz Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Noob
    That's a damned good setup. I'm planning on moving into a house here in a few months, and have been looking around at mats for the garage. $230 is a good price. Most of the ones I've been looking at are closer to $400 for anything near 10x10.

How did you seal the vinyl cover to the rest of the setup?
    lol....your gonna love this!!......

DUCT TAPE.......lol.....worked perfectly on the cement floor......
    Im sure there are other ways too....I just couldnt wait to get it set up...
    www.fight4christmma.com ministry page crazy low prices on gear! $8 T's!

Hell yeah!!!.....and it comes in a bunch of fancy colors too!!....cant beat that...
    www.fight4christmma.com ministry page crazy low prices on gear! $8 T's!

i'm getting dollarmur mats for xmas.....kaiz thats a nice setup bro!
    FORGET THE POLITICS OF THE MARTIAL ARTS WORLD...TRAIN WHERE YOU WANT TO

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bobbysmith
    i'm getting dollarmur mats for xmas.....kaiz thats a nice setup bro!

Those are some good mats. I looked into those, they are very nice quality.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

I'm in need of some mats myself. I'm thinking about calling the local high schools around here and seeing if they have any mats to donate to a BJJ school intended to keep kids off the street.
    "People say that marijuana is going to hurt my career. I say to them that on the contrary, my fight career is getting in the way of my marijuana smoking." Nick Diaz

Fav fighters: Hendo, Franklin, Shogun, Jeff Curran, Thiago Silva (future LHW champ 5/31/07), The Diaz Brothers

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by g'nightXX
    I'm in need of some mats myself. I'm thinking about calling the local high schools around here and seeing if they have any mats to donate to a BJJ school intended to keep kids off the street.

That's actually what I'm planning on doing as well as soon as I get back to the states. Just running around to the local high schools and seeing if their wrestling programs have any mats they want to get rid of.

Just have to clean those bad boys really well before using them.

How's your school coming along by the way? What stage are you in of getting it all together? When do you anticipate the opening being?

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

That's actually what I'm planning on doing as well as soon as I get back to the states. Just running around to the local high schools and seeing if their wrestling programs have any mats they want to get rid of.

Just have to clean those bad boys really well before using them.

How's your school coming along by the way? What stage are you in of getting it all together? When do you anticipate the opening being?
    Yeah, it seems like a good idea to me. I'm in a rough neighborhood so everybody always talks about things they can do to get the kids off the streets... I figure BJJ will be a great tool to steer kids away from that shit.

Yeah i'll be cleaning the shit out of everything with that MRSA virus going around. We've had 3 football teams in my area get MRSA in their locker room.

I'm still in the early stages, just got the teachers lined up and trying to figure out promotions and stuff like that. I'm in the process of buying the building right now, so i'm not sure how long that will take (finding an agreeable price, etc) but i'll be wanting to start it up as soon as I get the building. Not sure when i'll be starting the commercial classes, but anybody from MMANews is more than welcomed to come train with us.
    Last edited by NixHex; 11-06-2007 at 03:00 PM.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by g'nightXX
    Yeah, it seems like a good idea to me. I'm in a rough neighborhood so everybody always talks about things they can do to get the kids off the streets... I figure BJJ will be a great tool to steer kids away from that shit.

Yeah i'll be cleaning the shit out of everything with that MRSA virus going around. We've had 3 football teams in my area get MRSA in their locker room.

I'm still in the early stages, just got the teachers lined up and trying to figure out promotions and stuff like that. I'm in the process of buying the building right now, so i'm not sure how long that will take (finding an agreeable price, etc) but i'll be wanting to start it up as soon as I get the building. Not sure when i'll be starting the commercial classes, but anybody from MMANews is more than welcomed to come train with us.

Very cool. How many instructors do you have lined up? How long have you been training and what's your rank?

Yeah, I managed to get MRSA about a year ago. It fucking sucks. I have been mercilessly anal about cleaning everything after a workout ever since.

So are you looking to buy a building, or lease one? You going to concentrate mostly on BJJ, or going to have a cross-section of classes?

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

Very cool. How many instructors do you have lined up? How long have you been training and what's your rank?

Yeah, I managed to get MRSA about a year ago. It fucking sucks. I have been mercilessly anal about cleaning everything after a workout ever since.

So are you looking to buy a building, or lease one? You going to concentrate mostly on BJJ, or going to have a cross-section of classes?
    I have 1 instructor able to be full time. I've been training for about 5 months (started about 6 months ago but had a shoulder set me back a month), but I train No Gi so I don't really have a rank, but when rolling with ranked students I match up with Blue Belts. I'm wanting to get one of those Hemp Gi's and start training with the Gi.

MRSA ain't no joke, especially after seeing Randleman's lol. My brother almost threw up when I showed him that Randleman pic, he was like I wasn't expecting anything like that.

I'm looking to buy the building, I have a few investors in my Spa and i'll be using the back as a training center. I'm wanting to do a cross-section but I don't want to put in money on somebody training MT or boxing so we'll probably just self teach other aspects for the time being.

Thread Information