Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official 'Where Do You Train?' Thread

Quote Originally Posted by g'nightXX
    I have 1 instructor able to be full time. I've been training for about 5 months (started about 6 months ago but had a shoulder set me back a month), but I train No Gi so I don't really have a rank, but when rolling with ranked students I match up with Blue Belts. I'm wanting to get one of those Hemp Gi's and start training with the Gi.

MRSA ain't no joke, especially after seeing Randleman's lol. My brother almost threw up when I showed him that Randleman pic, he was like I wasn't expecting anything like that.

I'm looking to buy the building, I have a few investors in my Spa and i'll be using the back as a training center. I'm wanting to do a cross-section but I don't want to put in money on somebody training MT or boxing so we'll probably just self teach other aspects for the time being.

I still haven't gotten a chance to roll in the hemp gi yet. I had it shipped to a friend's house in the US, so I won't even get to see it for a while. What size do you wear though? I have a friend who ordered one about 6 months ago and quit BJJ. If you are about the same size I can see if he wants to get rid of it.

Yes, MRSA sucks. Especially the strains that come out of the hospitals. That stuff is scary.

I have a few very basic striking instructionals, for ulta basic boxing and Muay Thai type stuff. If you need anything like that just let me know. Might not be world class instruction, but could help if you decide to go in that direction.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

Quote Originally Posted by Noob
    I still haven't gotten a chance to roll in the hemp gi yet. I had it shipped to a friend's house in the US, so I won't even get to see it for a while. What size do you wear though? I have a friend who ordered one about 6 months ago and quit BJJ. If you are about the same size I can see if he wants to get rid of it.

Yes, MRSA sucks. Especially the strains that come out of the hospitals. That stuff is scary.

I have a few very basic striking instructionals, for ulta basic boxing and Muay Thai type stuff. If you need anything like that just let me know. Might not be world class instruction, but could help if you decide to go in that direction.
    I'm 5'8 160 lbs and in the process of putting on more lbs. I'd definitely be interested in buying your dude's Gi.

I'm more interested in MT than boxing, I can pretty much be the boxing coach but when it comes to kicks/knees/elbows i'd need instructionals. I got a Police Academy buddy that takes MT, and is going to teach us but i'm not sure how much I trust the Academy's programs.

You ever come to the Cincinnati area?
    Last edited by NixHex; 11-06-2007 at 09:39 AM.
    "People say that marijuana is going to hurt my career. I say to them that on the contrary, my fight career is getting in the way of my marijuana smoking." Nick Diaz

Fav fighters: Hendo, Franklin, Shogun, Jeff Curran, Thiago Silva (future LHW champ 5/31/07), The Diaz Brothers

I'm 5'8 160 lbs and in the process of putting on more lbs. I'd definitely be interested in buying your dude's Gi.

I'm more interested in MT than boxing, I can pretty much be the boxing coach but when it comes to kicks/knees/elbows i'd need instructionals. I got a Police Academy buddy that takes MT, and is going to teach us but i'm not sure how much I trust the Academy's programs.

You ever come to the Cincinnati area?

That might work out perfectly. My buddy is about 5'8''-5'9'' and about 160 pounds. That should fit perfectly. I'll send him an email and see how much he wants for it. I know he paid $100 with shipping included, so I'm sure he would sent it for less than that.

That's cool. I have a shit-ton of instructionals. More stuff than I will probably ever watch in my lifetime. I have a good amount of boxing, Muay Thai, street boxing, clinch boxing, regular kickboxing, you name it. Just let me know what kind of stuff you're looking for and I will look at what I've got.

One series comes to mind, by a guy named Rodney King (lol, no, not that Rodney King). He runs a school called the 'Crazy Monkey Academy' and specializes in simplified boxing for street and MMA situations. It's very effective for what it is. Easy to learn, easy to teach. No frills, but it has been one of my favorite insructionals. He has a few series, on his basic system, clinch boxing, a few others.

Whenever you're setting your school up, let me know if you need something like that. I can either upload it or burn a DVD and send it to you.

I'm actually not much of anywhere other than Oklahoma for the most part. I'm in Spain now, but will be returning to the states in January. I'm planning on taking my gf with me to UFC 82, which is in Cincinnat if I remember right. So I will probably be in town for a few days. Haven't started planning yet, so I'm not sure exactly when I will be there.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

I train at the VT Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy in Williston, VT. Also used to train at Rail City MMA (Tom Murphy's gym) in St. Albans, VT.

Here are some websites:

http://www.bjjusa.com/vt-bjj.asp
    http://www.fitnesszonevt.com/page0004.html

That might work out perfectly. My buddy is about 5'8''-5'9'' and about 160 pounds. That should fit perfectly. I'll send him an email and see how much he wants for it. I know he paid $100 with shipping included, so I'm sure he would sent it for less than that.

That's cool. I have a shit-ton of instructionals. More stuff than I will probably ever watch in my lifetime. I have a good amount of boxing, Muay Thai, street boxing, clinch boxing, regular kickboxing, you name it. Just let me know what kind of stuff you're looking for and I will look at what I've got.

One series comes to mind, by a guy named Rodney King (lol, no, not that Rodney King). He runs a school called the 'Crazy Monkey Academy' and specializes in simplified boxing for street and MMA situations. It's very effective for what it is. Easy to learn, easy to teach. No frills, but it has been one of my favorite insructionals. He has a few series, on his basic system, clinch boxing, a few others.

Whenever you're setting your school up, let me know if you need something like that. I can either upload it or burn a DVD and send it to you.

I'm actually not much of anywhere other than Oklahoma for the most part. I'm in Spain now, but will be returning to the states in January. I'm planning on taking my gf with me to UFC 82, which is in Cincinnat if I remember right. So I will probably be in town for a few days. Haven't started planning yet, so I'm not sure exactly when I will be there.
    Hell yeah, send me a pm when he gets back with ya and we'll exchange info and what not.

The Clinch Boxing thing sounds interesting too, it wouldn't hurt mixing it up with as much info as possible. You can always forget what doesn't work for you lol.

Good lookin out with all this man, you're good people.

You'll have to get hold of me when you come to Cincy... I might get some tickets to that too, what date is that?
    "People say that marijuana is going to hurt my career. I say to them that on the contrary, my fight career is getting in the way of my marijuana smoking." Nick Diaz

Fav fighters: Hendo, Franklin, Shogun, Jeff Curran, Thiago Silva (future LHW champ 5/31/07), The Diaz Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Frasedog
    I train at the VT Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy in Williston, VT. Also used to train at Rail City MMA (Tom Murphy's gym) in St. Albans, VT.

Here are some websites:

http://www.bjjusa.com/vt-bjj.asp
    http://www.fitnesszonevt.com/page0004.html
    Is the VT for Vale Tudo? I've always been interested in how those classes are taught. Do they teach you headbutts and other NHB tactics?

EDIT: NEVERMIND lol, I just seen that you were from Vermont.
    Last edited by NixHex; 11-06-2007 at 10:40 AM.

Hell yeah, send me a pm when he gets back with ya and we'll exchange info and what not.

The Clinch Boxing thing sounds interesting too, it wouldn't hurt mixing it up with as much info as possible. You can always forget what doesn't work for you lol.

Good lookin out with all this man, you're good people.

You'll have to get hold of me when you come to Cincy... I might get some tickets to that too, what date is that?

Sounds good. I'll send him an email and see what he has to say. I'm pretty sure he will want to sell it, as he's not using it and could probably use the money.

For sure. UFC 82 is on March 1, 2008. Rumored to be at the Nationwide Arena, though I'm not sure if that's been confirmed yet.

Just let me know when and if you want those videos. They're easy to put together, so it wouldn't be any trouble to set them up. Just keep me posted.

Good luck with everything. Definitely keep us posted on how it all comes along and how it works out.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

Sounds good. I'll send him an email and see what he has to say. I'm pretty sure he will want to sell it, as he's not using it and could probably use the money.

For sure. UFC 82 is on March 1, 2008. Rumored to be at the Nationwide Arena, though I'm not sure if that's been confirmed yet.

Just let me know when and if you want those videos. They're easy to put together, so it wouldn't be any trouble to set them up. Just keep me posted.

Good luck with everything. Definitely keep us posted on how it all comes along and how it works out.
    Cool.

Cool.

I'll want some for sure, and I will keep you posted. Good lookin out.

Thanks, and i'll definitely keeep you posted.

I train at Baltimore Martial Arts Academy. They teach a lot of different stuff there but starting about 6:30pm every day its all BJJ and vale tudo. They are a Pedro Sauer affiliated school, so all the official BJJ stuff is done through the Pedro Sauer association.

I train BJJ a couple times a week and usually show up and do some vale tudo once a week. I wish I could train BJJ daily but I just can't fit it in the schedule with work and grad school

Quote Originally Posted by willieshatner
    I train at Baltimore Martial Arts Academy. They teach a lot of different stuff there but starting about 6:30pm every day its all BJJ and vale tudo. They are a Pedro Sauer affiliated school, so all the official BJJ stuff is done through the Pedro Sauer association.

I train BJJ a couple times a week and usually show up and do some vale tudo once a week. I wish I could train BJJ daily but I just can't fit it in the schedule with work and grad school

Very cool. What are you going to grad school for?

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

Thread Information