Thread: Grappling tourament results

Default Grappling tourament results

Thanks to the guys here who gave me advice for my weight cutting. I did make weight (160.2 lbs).

Unfortunately the grappling didn't go so well. I separated my shoulder in my first match. I finished that match and lost on points, but had to bow out of the competition. (it was double elimination, plus I hd signed up for no-gi as well).

Was very dissapointed as you could imagine. Trying to stay positive. Just a freak thing I guess. I hope it gets better soon so I can get back to bjj class.

Man, that's rough. I've dealt with shoulder injuries myself, and I know how frustrating they can be.

Sorry to hear things didn't work out well for you. Good luck with your recovery though. Keep us posted on how it comes along, I'm sure you'll be back in it soon.

Good luck buddy.
    Last edited by Noob; 11-05-2007 at 12:35 PM.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

bummer man......Best of luck with healing!!!! How'd it happen?
    Last edited by kaiz77; 11-05-2007 at 02:00 PM.
    www.fight4christmma.com ministry page crazy low prices on gear! $8 T's!

Bummer
    Sorry to hear that
    I've helped several people rehab (or just strengthen) shoulders
    It's a long, slow process. Hang in there and allow plenty of healing time right now.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiz77
    bummer man......Best of luck with healing!!!! How'd it happen?
    He had me in guard and I stacked him to try and pass. He was holding my right sleeve, also hooked my left leg. He twisted to my left trying to sweep me and I went to my right. Thats when it happened. Basically he took my arm one way, as I was going the other.

Not a great match otherwise. He jumped guard. As I was passing I got caught in a triangle. I stacked and steped over him to break his triangle. I dropped for his leg. Had a loose achilles lock that he slipped out of. Scramble, back into his guard. I stacked and hurt the shoulder. We ended up in a north south position with my legs around his torso. His arm was there and I tried for a kimura, but couldnt lock it up because of my shoulder. Then the match ended. 5 minutes goes by so quick.

Wow......sounds like a pretty decent match to me.......You'll be in my prayers:grinsmile26:
    www.fight4christmma.com ministry page crazy low prices on gear! $8 T's!

Quote Originally Posted by kaiz77
    Wow......sounds like a pretty decent match to me.......You'll be in my prayers:grinsmile26:
    Thank you.

Thread Information