Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cro Cop...Muay Thai or Kickboxing?

Default Cro Cop...Muay Thai or Kickboxing?

here's what i dont understand, and this isn't just for Cro Cop. some websites say cro cops fighting style is muay thai while others put it down as kickboxing.

anyone wanna clarify the confusion? and not just for cro cop and other fighters.
    Last edited by Intellectual; 08-29-2006 at 06:42 AM.

who is cro cop. I only watch ufc because I can't watch other MMA organizations. As far as your question, I guess that is because MMA fighters should know Muay Thai because it is much more better than common kickboxing.

Quote Originally Posted by God
    who is cro cop. I only watch ufc because I can't watch other MMA organizations. As far as your question, I guess that is because MMA fighters should know Muay Thai because it is much more better than common kickboxing.
    im not gonna say you sound ignorant for saying muay thai is BETTER than kickboxing...but i just did.

would have been better if you said "more effective"

its not what fighting style you learn, its HOW WELL you learn and apply it.

and Cro Cop is one of the best heavyweight fighters coming out of PRIDE. He's infamous for his high left kick KO's.

Quote Originally Posted by Intellectual
    im not gonna say you sound ignorant for saying muay thai is BETTER than kickboxing...but i just did.

would have been better if you said "more effective"

its not what fighting style you learn, its HOW WELL you learn and apply it.

and Cro Cop is one of the best heavyweight fighters coming out of PRIDE. He's infamous for his high left kick KO's.

I'm not ignorant, your just a jerk for saying that. More effective and better. What the hell is the difference? MMA fighter don't say Muay Thai is not better, just more effective. Back in the 1970's, there was a competition ( I think in China) Muay Thai fighters vs kickboxers' I don't think any kickboxer won, most of them were knocked out.

Muay Thai is a form of kickboxing. Its the same thing as saying someone practices Jiu-Jitsu on some sites and saying they practice Gracie (for example) Jiu-Jitsu on other sites. Kicking boxing is just a basic label.
    Last edited by Kewl144; 08-29-2006 at 06:25 AM.
    “I Just Killed Kenny! You Bastard!”

Quote Originally Posted by Kewl144
    Muay Thai is a form of kickboxing. Its the same thing as saying someone practices Jiu-Jitsu on some sites and saying they practice Gracie (for example) Jiu-Jitsu on other sites. Kicking boxing is just a basic label.

Muay Thai is around 3 000 years old and was invented in Thailand and has a very interesting history (look it up) and has different elements to it, kickboxing is around 200 years old (I could be wrong) and was invented in Japan. They've had major competitions with Muay Thai fighters fighting kickboxers, karate masters, Tai kwon do masters, boxers,etc. and the muay Thai fighters usually win. I am not saying this because I own a Muay Thai place, hell I don't even take Muay Thai lessons (yet), but it is simply true
    Member with the most bans and still with his original account.

"Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry. Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal."-Black Sabbath

Muay Thai is around 3 000 years old and was invented in Thailand and has a very interesting history (look it up) and has different elements to it, kickboxing is around 200 years old (I could be wrong) and was invented in Japan. They've had major competitions with Muay Thai fighters fighting kickboxers, karate masters, Tai kwon do masters, boxers,etc. and the muay Thai fighters usually win. I am not saying this because I own a Muay Thai place, hell I don't even take Muay Thai lessons (yet), but it is simply true
    Try to read the thread in context please. and please stop posting stuff because you heard it from a friend of a friend or because you think it's true.
    “I Just Killed Kenny! You Bastard!”

3,000 years old???

thats impossible.

muay thai dates back to the mid 1700's from what ive heard

Actually I think the guy you were quoting more or less hit the nail on the head Muay Thai and kickboxing are the same thing if you think wrong I hope you'll explain what you think the diffrence is .

I'm not ignorant, your just a jerk for saying that. More effective and better. What the hell is the difference? MMA fighter don't say Muay Thai is not better, just more effective. Back in the 1970's, there was a competition ( I think in China) Muay Thai fighters vs kickboxers' I don't think any kickboxer won, most of them were knocked out.
    dictionary.com states:

Effective: adequate to accomplish a purpose

Better: of superior quality or excellence

not the same

Thread Information