Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cro Cop...Muay Thai or Kickboxing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kewl144
    Try to read the thread in context please. and please stop posting stuff because you heard it from a friend of a friend or because you think it's true.
    If you're referring to the competitions I said, I don't exactly rememberwhere it took placce, but it definitely happened in 1976. It's on the net, I'm trying to search for it now.
    Member with the most bans and still with his original account.

"Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry. Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal."-Black Sabbath

muy thai allows knees and elbows, and from the kickboxing iv learned there is no knees or elbows alowed. now if i had to guess id say that cro cop is a kickboxer, now i know elbows arent allowed, but in muy thai knees r probably used more then kicks. he seems to be a kick boxer i dont see him try and use his knees like guys like wand and shogun do.

Quote Originally Posted by up_n_comer
    Actually I think the guy you were quoting more or less hit the nail on the head Muay Thai and kickboxing are the same thing if you think wrong I hope you'll explain what you think the diffrence is .

Muay Thai has the Thai clinch and muay thai fighters are usually better conditioned. Japan invented kickboxing to compete with Muay Thai, but it's not as good. No I'm not conspiracy theorist

"Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry. Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal."-Black Sabbath

Quote Originally Posted by God
    If you're referring to the competitions I said, I don't exactly rememberwhere it took placce, but it definitely happened in 1976. It's on the net, I'm trying to search for it now.
    you went from 3,000 years to 300 years...

rofl 3,000 years old. there was muy thai a thousand years before jesus, lol.
    im sick of people saying that a kickboxer would waste a boxer, the fact of the matter is that isnt true. kickboxers arent used to defending punches from a professional boxer. a lot of boxers make the switch to kickboxing and barley never kick and just ko their opponent sick, just cause they cant kick their punching is way better. lol 3,000 years old rofl

sure a top muy thai guy could beat a tiekwando guy but that is just garbage basically. id like to see the top muy thai guy beat a top level bjj,judo, or sombo expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Intellectual
    you went from 3,000 years to 300 years...

what do you mean 3000 to 300?

Quote Originally Posted by matto
    rofl 3,000 years old. there was muy thai a thousand years before jesus, lol.
    im sick of people saying that a kickboxer would waste a boxer, the fact of the matter is that isnt true. kickboxers arent used to defending punches from a professional boxer. a lot of boxers make the switch to kickboxing and barley never kick and just ko their opponent sick, just cause they cant kick their punching is way better. lol 3,000 years old rofl

sure a top muy thai guy could beat a tiekwando guy but that is just garbage basically. .

How do you figure that's garbage. When Tyson fought, he used to duck a lot. A Muay Thai fighter would just knee him in the head.

How do you figure that's garbage. When Tyson fought, he used to duck a lot. A Muay Thai fighter would just knee him in the head.
    no disrespect though, but r u sure u know wat ur talking about?

what do you mean 3000 to 300?
    u just said

"Muay Thai is around 3 000 years old "

i dont understand completeley, but i wasnt saying that muy thai is garbage, it is an all u need standup for mma, punches, kicks, knees and elbows, i was talking about taikowandow being garbage.

Thread Information