Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cro Cop...Muay Thai or Kickboxing?

Quote Originally Posted by Intellectual
    no disrespect though, but r u sure u know wat ur talking about?

No dissrespect taken, but I read it all on a website. I wanted to know more about Muay Thai so read a bunch of stuff and I wanted to know the advantages.
    Member with the most bans and still with his original account.

"Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry. Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal."-Black Sabbath

Quote Originally Posted by matto
    i dont understand completeley, but i wasnt saying that muy thai is garbage, it is an all u need standup for mma, punches, kicks, knees and elbows, i was talking about taikowandow being garbage.

Totally understand now

"Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry. Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal."-Black Sabbath

u just said

"Muay Thai is around 3 000 years old "

A guy asked me that and I was wondering what he meant. I never said it was 300 years old I said it was 3000 YEARS OLD.

Quote Originally Posted by God
    A guy asked me that and I was wondering what he meant. I never said it was 300 years old I said it was 3000 YEARS OLD.
    exactly my point. how can muay thai be 3000 years old????

matto Guest

its simpley not 3000 years old, infact people werent even that civilized back then. he just got it mixed up but 3000 is far off the mark.

exactly my point. how can muay thai be 3000 years old????

what do you mean "exactly your point". The exact records were destroyed due to the Burmese sacked and burned and shrouded Siamese capiltal of Ayuttaya in 1767. However many high regarded muay thai experts say it was invented 3000 years ago, some say 2000 years ago, some say 1000 years ago, but most say 3000 years ago. Muay Thai was invented, apparently, by monks for the protection of the royal family. They also used to fight for the royal family. They used to wrap their hand in rope, put a sticky substance around it and dip their hands in glass and fight. I feel like an encyclopedia.

its simpley not 3000 years old, infact people werent even that civilized back then. he just got it mixed up but 3000 is far off the mark.

people were civilized at around ten thousand years ago. Look it up.

i dont understand completeley, but i wasnt saying that muy thai is garbage, it is an all u need standup for mma, punches, kicks, knees and elbows, i was talking about taikowandow being garbage.
    anyone who starts saying a fighting style is garbage is moronic. Cos i can bet you theres atleast one person in the world who studies the garbage art and could wipe the floor with you. just like someone who has no training in any style could beat someone who has yrs of training.
    fighters win fights , not styles........
    Pop it and lock it fool

matto Guest

u misunderstand me. of couse id get wasted by a top notch fighter. but anyother martial arts top fighter like bjj or judo would just tear then up let alone any mma guy. i said that it is garbage cause it is a waste of time. for instance, u only have so much time to train a martial art and u should pick good ones that work in real fights not taekwando. i do bjj,judo,sambo,wrestling,boxing,and ganna start muy thai in a couple of months. there really isnt a reason for taekowndo,but i guess it is kinda disrespectful to say that, so i oppologize. but if going to do a kung fo movie then taedowndo is a excellent cause it looks cool and fancy.

u misunderstand me. of couse id get wasted by a top notch fighter. but anyother martial arts top fighter like bjj or judo would just tear then up let alone any mma guy. i said that it is garbage cause it is a waste of time. for instance, u only have so much time to train a martial art and u should pick good ones that work in real fights not taekwando. i do bjj,judo,sambo,wrestling,boxing,and ganna start muy thai in a couple of months. there really isnt a reason for taekowndo,but i guess it is kinda disrespectful to say that, so i oppologize. but if going to do a kung fo movie then taedowndo is a excellent cause it looks cool and fancy.
    don't apoligize, the martial arts you have chosen are probably the best ones out there. I don't really see the point of Tae Kwon Do anymore.

Thread Information