Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fight of the Year: MMA and Boxing?

Default Fight of the Year: MMA and Boxing?

Lets get some opinions on Fight of the year since theres only two or three cards left.

Boxing fans feel free to dime in on FOTY for Boxing as well

IMO.

MMA: Henderson/Rampage I dont think any fight was as competitive, as meaningful, or even as technically entertaining as Hendo/Rampage.. that was the closest fight fought this year. Griffin/Guida or Griffin/Tavares are both close seconds though.

Boxing: Pavlik/Taylor it was too Rocky-esque to not be fight of the year, so many to choose from that this is a damn hard choice but since no one saw that knockout coming, in that fashion, I think its FOTY.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

I don't watch boxing, so no comment there.

For MMA I think the fight of the year was Couture vs Sylvia, he came out of retirment and kicked the hell out of the then Champion.

I'm feeling Jardine-Liddell fight so far. Pretty much non-stop action till the end. Nothing like 2 bangers going at it for 3 rounds! Couture vs Sylvia also on there as probably the happiest feeling I ever had after a fight.
    Last edited by Piz; 11-09-2007 at 02:13 PM.

Henderson/Rampage I dont think any fight was as competitive, as meaningful, or even as technically entertaining as Hendo/Rampage.. that was the closest fight fought this year.
    i totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by buddahman
    i totally agree.
    Thirded....ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Afro
    Lets get some opinions on Fight of the year since theres only two or three cards left.

IMO.

MMA: Henderson/Rampage I dont think any fight was as competitive, as meaningful, or even as technically entertaining as Hendo/Rampage.. that was the closest fight fought this year. Griffin/Guida or Griffin/Tavares are both close seconds though.

Boxing: Pavlik/Taylor it was too Rocky-esque to not be fight of the year, so many to choose from that this is a damn hard choice but since no one saw that knockout coming, in that fashion, I think its FOTY.

Is there footage of said knockout?

Quote Originally Posted by Afro

IMO.

i agree. rep'd

Gegard Mousasi- 25-2-1

"However great the kindness and the efficiency, in every hospital death there will be some cruel, squalid detail, something perhaps too small to be told but leaving terribly painful memories behind, arising out of the haste, the crowding, the impersonality of a place where every day people are dying among strangers"

Boxing: So far its been Pavlik/Taylor After Pavlik got Rocked I thought it was over but he battled back and landed that huge right and got the knock out, that was awesome. Although i think Mosley/Cotto will end up being fight of the year, PBF runs to much to win that honor.

MMA: For me it was Couture/Gonzaga, too see Randy completely implement his gameplan and dominate that fight at his age was unbelievable.

I would say Rampage vs Hendo for mma.

offtopic-- when is Hatton vs PBF?
    Last edited by valheruking; 11-09-2007 at 07:51 PM.

pete sell and scott smith fight was very good

Thread Information