View Poll Results: What is the most important syle in MMA?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • bjj

7 25.00%
  • jj

1 3.57%
  • muay thai

9 32.14%
  • wrestling

6 21.43%
  • judo

1 3.57%
  • sambo`

2 7.14%
  • boxing

2 7.14%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the best syle in MMA?

Default What is the best syle in MMA?

Many of you will probably call me ignorant or stupid, but I was wondering what people thought was the style in MMA? Yes, it's obvious that you need more than one to be a complete fighter. Please tell me if I forgot a very important style.
    Member with the most bans and still with his original account.

"Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry. Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal."-Black Sabbath

SASK_MMA Guest

Bjj, Then id say muay thai, But together is deadly...

matto Guest

if ur simpley just going by style vs. style then i think that royce gracie already proved that bjj can beat another mma style in the old ufc days which was bascially style vs. style. but now a days u obiousally need to be well rounded, its up for debate and any style could have a good reason. but the early days of the ufc was basically style vs. stlye so u should watch the origional ufc fights and see what u think. i like boxing, muy thai, bjj, judo, sambo, and wrestling. they all seem to be affective for mma, but sometimes being over well versed isnt the best, sure ull beat a lot of guys but like chuck liddell does mostley striking. and what do u have to do to make sure the fight doesnt go to the ground? takedown defence, he has a pritty good system set up for him to make sure the fight stays on the feet. i dont see any ground fighter beating him anytime soon, but if he runs into a better striker then he is he will be in trouble. but on the other side rich franklin favors the standup and is excellent but not as good as a. silva and he is well versed and a smart guy and will probably take it to the ground. i wonder if chuck's or rich's system is better?

matto Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SASK_MMA
    Bjj, Then id say muay thai, But together is deadly...
    thats probably what id say too. but if ur fighting somebody that is a great wrestler and is better at bjj then u ur fucked. u could be excellent at muy thai and train takedown defence vigerousally so that when u re-fight that wreslter-bjj guy u will ko him and he wont be able to take u down.

Quote Originally Posted by matto
    but the early days of the ufc was basically style vs. stlye so u should watch the origional ufc fights and see what u think. i like boxing, muy thai, bjj, judo, sambo, and wrestling. they all seem to be affective for mma,

I've seen the early ufc fights, but royce gracie never really foght a muay thai fighter.
    Member with the most bans and still with his original account.

"Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry. Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal."-Black Sabbath

SASK_MMA Guest

A. Silva willl beat Rich and thats because Rich is Wrestling and boxing and Silva is BJJ and MUAY THAI,,,...and i think BJJ and MT is better

matto Guest

wrestling has the best takedowns
    judo has the best sweeps and throws
    sambo is basically takedowns,sweeps,throws and submissions.
    jj is mostly submissions
    muy thai is a great mma all u need striking thing(knees,kicks,elbows,punches)
    boxing is excellent if u want to be more of just a punching striker

judo and sambo stole a lot of submissions from jj, but judo has some of their own great submissions and sambo has some great leg locks.

does anybody know what the difference between bjj and jj is cause im in bjj and dont know what is different.

matto Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SASK_MMA
    A. Silva willl beat Rich and thats because Rich is Wrestling and boxing and Silva is BJJ and MUAY THAI,,,...and i think BJJ and MT is better
    not at all, rich is muy thai not boxing, first of all he said it himself and u can see he throws a lot of kicks, uses his knes a lot and uses his elbows, but ya he usually ends the ko with punches. and he wrestlers, but besides his muy thai he trains his bjj the most. he is really good at bjj, he trains with jorge grugle and they mostly do bjj.

Quote Originally Posted by God
    Many of you will probably call me ignorant or stupid, but I was wondering what people thought was the style in MMA? Yes, it's obvious that you need more than one to be a complete fighter. Please tell me if I forgot a very important style.
    yes you are, but put all together. future champ! and by the way, you are not god you are just a sheep. JESUS is LORD, the FATHER, SON, and HOLY SPIRIT.

Punk Ass Guest

To change the subject a bit, has anyone seen Cung Le fight? He uses a form of Kung Fu called San shou and he's pretty damn good at it. Now I know your all gonna say it's been proven that one disapline doesn't work in MMA and I agree with you but has anyone ever seen his throws? He flings people around like rag dolls, and he is arguably the best striker in the world. He uses more kicks, backhands, spining jump kicks, can anyone say Jett Le. I know everyone always wanted to see what a real NHB Kung Fu match looks like and you have it in him. Now the only thing is this, he is training to get his ground fighting better but soon as he does that I can't see anyone beat him, he's too polished, he has extreme punching power, he can throw you to the ground in a instant and possibly capitolize if he improves his ground game. As of now, he is undefeted in any sport and with the right training you may see a much better version of Cro Crop

PS: Add San Shou to your list of disaplines

Thread Information