View Poll Results: What is the most important syle in MMA?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • bjj

7 25.00%
  • jj

1 3.57%
  • muay thai

9 32.14%
  • wrestling

6 21.43%
  • judo

1 3.57%
  • sambo`

2 7.14%
  • boxing

2 7.14%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the best syle in MMA?

I voted Sambo - really nothing else in that list comes close imo because Sambo incorporates a bit of all the other styles there (correct me if I'm wrong).

git.

Punk Ass Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nsb7873
    yes you are, but put all together. future champ! and by the way, you are not god you are just a sheep. JESUS is LORD, the FATHER, SON, and HOLY SPIRIT.
    Zeus is my Lord and savior so

ozzy525 Guest

I say bjj if u can wrestle and are really good at bjj and learn some muay thai no one will be able to beat u

boxing duhhh

nah BJJ seems the hardest and most useful because the way I see it is there arent a lot of experts standing up in MMA, but there are a ton of experts when it comes to the ground and BJJ is the most useful because it counters wrestling.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Best Striking - Boxing. Sorry Mauy Thai fighters, but a real boxer would KO a Mauy Thai fighter in the first rd. The reason why is just look at their stances. A Muay Thai fighter has a much more wide open stance and leaves their heads out of the pickings, while a boxer usaully has a tighter stance.

Best Ground - I have to go with wrestling. A good wrestler most of time would be able to stop takedowns by a BJJ fighter and control the fight (Gracie vs. Hughes). When it comes to Judo, a lot of the throws in wrestling are pretty similar to Judo. And a lot of Judo fighters arent very good at keep oppenants on the ground and one of their defenses is by allowing a fighter to take their back. Which is right where a wrestler would want to be (ie. Diego vs. Karo). I really dont know a lot about Sambo.

So what kind of fighter did I just create... Chuck Liddell. Damn it.

Quote Originally Posted by nsb7873
    yes you are, but put all together. future champ! and by the way, you are not god you are just a sheep. JESUS is LORD, the FATHER, SON, and HOLY SPIRIT.
    I'm ignorant, yet you called me a sheep. Holy fuck you're stupid. I'm not God, I never realized that until now, you're just a patetic, fucking retard. If you want to talk your nonsense, become a priest.
    Member with the most bans and still with his original account.

"Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry. Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal."-Black Sabbath

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore
    Best Striking - Boxing. Sorry Mauy Thai fighters, but a real boxer would KO a Mauy Thai fighter in the first rd. The reason why is just look at their stances. A Muay Thai fighter has a much more wide open stance and leaves their heads out of the pickings, while a boxer usaully has a tighter stance.

boxing can go for those KOs, but a muay thai fighter has more tools. a plain boxer, no matter how good he is, can't avoid the leg kicks, and that alone will end the fight.

watch this fight. the boxer isnt some slouch, Arthur Williams was the WBC champ for a while i believe
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSiE9Ed8jW4

that being said, isn't the point of MMA to know that every single style doesn't have all the pieces? using everything is the only way to do it.
    Favorites
    HW: Cro Cop | Barnett | Gonzaga
    LHW: Rampage| Shogun
    MW: KANG | Sakuraba | Spider Silva | Baroni | Akiyama
    WW: Thiago Alves | GSP | Mach
    LW: Gomi | BJ Penn | Aoki | Jamie Varner reppin' AZCS | DIDA
    FW: KID

9-7 in sig/av bets

Quote Originally Posted by God
    I've seen the early ufc fights, but royce gracie never really foght a muay thai fighter.

PAT SMITH DID MUAY THAI I THINK... OTHER THAN GRACIE I THINK HE WAS THE BEST BACK THEN HE WAS REALLY GOOD..

matto Guest

phil baroni did like 12 muy thai fights and was undefeated. almsot all by ko, he just knew how to handle the kicks but did not throw any kicks at all. a championship boxer i would have to say would ko a champion muy thai fighter in the first round. in muy thai they dont think about the hands that much and could easily get ko'ed. or it could go the other way and the boxer wouldnt know how to handle the kicks,elbows and knees. sambo is a rip off of bjj and judo, the invertor even idmitted it, took the best of judo throws and a lot of jj submissions along with similar wrestling takedowns and a few new submissions. its a great fighting style. chuck liddell has a good system set up, wrestling way since he was a kid then favored kickboxing when he was a teen and it is a deadley combination, he has excellent takedown defence and forces the fight to stand on the feet and ends with a ktfo

matto Guest

even the best strikers would get wasted by submission experts cause the fight almost always goes to the ground unless u have great takedown defence. just like kit cope. the biggest name in muy thai, world champ, and undefeated in muy thai. he would outstrike any ww but gets easily takendown and gets submitted very easily. weather u like the fight on the feet u need wrestling for takedown defence. or weather u like the fight on the ground u need wrestling for takedowns. wrestling is very important as well for strikers and ground fighters

Thread Information