Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is Chuck Liddell held in such high regard?

Quote Originally Posted by steelebone
    Suloev, Randleman, Ortiz, Babalu twice, Couture twice, Horn, Monson, Overeem, Belfort, Pele, Mezger and Bustamante. Is that enough regard for ya patna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i totally agree, except i recently rewatched the bustamante fight and i really think chuck should have lost that decision.

5-6 in sig/av bets. I'm the Ross Pointon of Sig bets

schulnan.. as for the jackson fight being not that long ago 11/03, i really think the amount of time that has passed is a pretty good while, and could make a big difference. 2 1/2 years in mma could mean alot. that is longer than alot of others careers last. dont get me wrong, i am by no means saying liddell would run him over, but i think it would be a kick ass fight and i would pay any amount of money to seeit. i promise it would be a different fight from 03

Quote Originally Posted by baba
    How is Chuck a sellout? lol. As for strikers, how about his ass whoopin of Vitor in his prime? Like he said, he'll fight anyone -- Rampage,Wanderlei -- anyone, and it still won't make it out of the first round. But that still wouldn't shut his critics up -- just force them to call him new names.
    You make some of the most retarded remarks on this site... Yes strikers, that is plural, Vitor is not... Who else? Vernon White and his 24-27 record? Exactly... He did fight a few other strikers like Mezger and Overeem who were top 10 fighters at the time however the top 4-5 Pride fighters are much better than the other 5 in the top 10.

Overeem had Chuck hurt with the knees, Chuck was about to fall down and get stomped out and like a warrior held on and Overeem gassed and Chuck was able to pull out a miraculous win. Very impressive but that dos not illude the fact that he was seriously hurt and about to go down. He was rocked in the Mezger fight as well.

He fought in Pride 3 times, lost once and was extremely close to loosing the other 2 and why????? STRIKERS....

What are Randy, Tito and Babalu when they fight Chuck???? NOT world class wrestlers and BJJ practitioners, they are OK strikers and that is why Chuck owned them. Randy pulled off the victory in the first fight but not by world class wrestling, it was the striking that made it possible for the wrestling to be effecgtive as Chuck was having to watch out for strikes and takedowns and not just takedowns like he is when he fights Tito and Babalu because they do not have KO power, that is the same reason Randy was defeated in the 2nd and 3rd fights (though Randy was winning the second before the eye gouge that immediately led to the KO once the fight resumed and ofcourse, it was to the blind side of Randy's in which the gouge had just taken place). The gouge is relevent however do not comment on it, focus on the rest of my statements...

Silva, Shogun, Arona, Little Nog, Igor and Overeem.... If Chuck were to fight ANY of those names he would in no way roll through them like he has been wrestlers and grapplers as like I said before (it's not that difficult to grasp) when you fight Chuck you are forced to become a striker and Tito, Babalu and Randy or any other world class wrestler is no longer a world class fighter as the takedown defense is that good so it becomes Chuck vs an OK striker.

Styles make fights, everyone knows this and Chuck is the first to admit it. Put a wrestler or grappler against Chuck and he will win 19 out of 20 times as the only way the wrestling or grappling can be effective is if they are able to land some strikes which will force Chuck to respect the standup game and will open him for the takedown.

Much easier said than done! Therefore, a great striker has a very legit chance at beating him as long as they have either KO power or a dominant art such as wrestling or BJJ as wittnessed by Rampage and as would be the case if he were to fight Silva, Shogun, Arona or Little Nog.

Very even matchups and not the typical lopsided Chuck matchup a 1 dimesional wrestler or grappler faces.
    Last edited by dagreat1; 08-29-2006 at 08:55 PM.

B/C he has been dominant ever since his loss to Rampage. IT's an accomplishment to KO Randy Twice, make Horn say he don't want no more, and Ko Renato twice. Chucky deserves his props. Atleast he defends his title, adn doesn't fight 165 pounders.

Quote Originally Posted by Donny77
    B/C he has been dominant ever since his loss to Rampage. IT's an accomplishment to KO Randy Twice, make Horn say he don't want no more, and Ko Renato twice. Chucky deserves his props. Atleast he defends his title, adn doesn't fight 165 pounders.
    Horn would be nowhere near the top in Pride, sorry... Babalu would be maybe #6 at LHW in Pride and the 5 fighters in front of him would all be well in front of him especially Silva, Shogun, Arona and Little Nog. Overeem, Igor, Randleman and Nakamura he may be able to defeat 2 of the 4. Pride is just very deep in LHW and their fighters in LHW are all in top physical shape, are used to fihgting a 10 minute first round, all strike exceptionally well and are cardio machines.

Default Chuck rules hands down

Quote Originally Posted by tapper
    he beat vitor, yeah, 1 striker, thats all you can come up with, just because he said he will fight anyone doesn't mean he would beat them all, imo striker vs striker chuck would lose, if you notice in his recent fights, the position of his hands, keeps them low and wide, hes not worried about being hit, he only fights wrestlers. his boyfriend dana takes care of that.
    The reason Chuck keeps his hands down in this position is that he is primarily a counter puncher and his stance, although technically incorrect, plays straight into his strenghts. HE IS THE MAN, like it or not and until somebody dethrones the champ - give him his much deserved dues.

Chucky is in the top 4 of fighters in the world, everyone talks about the rampage loose, i'm sure they would both fight eachother again in a second, and rampage would have to be carried out by his chain. chuck has KO'd a who's who list of top fighters. We just need to see the wandy, fight and a crocop fight and a fedor fight, they are the only guys who have the best oppertuntiy (i won't say chance, since any of the 4 can win or loose on any given day)

Quote Originally Posted by dagreat1
    You make some of the most retarded remarks on this site... Yes strikers, that is plural, Vitor is not... Who else? Vernon White and his 24-27 record?
    Now that's just harsh. Vitor is a good striker ... or at least he was when he used to show up to his fights. I didn't mention Vernon White for a reason. You may disagree with me alot, but to say 'the most retarded remarks on this site' is overkill.

I would like to see Chuck face more strikers, especially Wanderlei, and if Chuck opted to move up in weight, Cro Cop and Sylvia. I still think he'd beat most, if not all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatts35
    Chucky is in the top 4 of fighters in the world, everyone talks about the rampage loose, i'm sure they would both fight eachother again in a second, and rampage would have to be carried out by his chain. chuck has KO'd a who's who list of top fighters. We just need to see the wandy, fight and a crocop fight and a fedor fight, they are the only guys who have the best oppertuntiy (i won't say chance, since any of the 4 can win or loose on any given day)
    Hes Ko'd a who's who list of WRESTLERS.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Cool Chuck aint no shmuck

I am starting to like Chuck, after the Couture series he quiet'd most of the doubters. As for the Vanderlai fight, I cant help but wonder if it is going to be the UFC rules or the Pride rules. It probably wont make a difference but some say it might. When Chuck finally meets his match imagine that moment when chuck is getting pummeled like a heavy bag and falling down like a giant tree. But I dont see him losing anytime soon, Tito wont win. Perhaps if Arlovski cut a mere 20 pounds he might be able to give chuck a run for his money n become a champ again. time will tell

Thread Information